GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Like Briere made any effort at all to stay out of the crease

Remember the standard that the league put in place after No Goal is that an attacking player's position in the crease is not the determining factor -- it's whether the goalie has been interfered with.

Once again, finding goals when needed is like taking a dump after eating a block of cheese with this team. I'll cut him some slack because it's his 1st NHL game, but Adam HAS to bury that chance. I don't know how to word this any other way,... CONNOLLY IS WORTHLESS.

This team is a hot mess right now. The only reason they looked good at NJ is because they are, too.

O.M.G. Paul Hamilton just suggested the goal with Briere in the crease was allowed to stand because the officials were afraid they wouldn't otherwise get out of the building alive. He wasn't kidding. Lord.

What an idiot. It couldn't possibly be because it was a legitimate goal, could it? No way. Sabres always getting the short end of the stick...

O.M.G. Paul Hamilton just suggested the goal with Briere in the crease was allowed to stand because the officials were afraid they wouldn't otherwise get out of the building alive. He wasn't kidding. Lord.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this is complete hyperbole, and that Hamilton said nothing of the sort.

The post season is all that really matters. But this team is not going to even get there

True.

You might be onto something. The Sabres penalty killing in the playoffs hasn't been very good since the runs of 98 and 99.

Yes! Another strike, totally unexpected in my mind, against Ruff!

Once again, finding goals when needed is like taking a dump after eating a block of cheese with this team. I'll cut him some slack because it's his 1st NHL game, but Adam HAS to bury that chance. I don't know how to word this any other way,... CONNOLLY IS WORTHLESS.

This team is a hot mess right now. The only reason they looked good at NJ is because they are, too.

He has been bad before...but this is ridiculous. He is a cancer. I hope he scores a hat trick this period and makes me eat my words. Otherwise try and trade him or pull an Edwards on him and just straight up cut him. I've never seen a hockey player stand around and contribute less than him.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that this is complete hyperbole, and that Hamilton said nothing of the sort.

What does dollars to doughtnuts mean anyway?

So you're stooping to this -- basically calling me a liar?

Certainly someone else heard it. I think I got it almost word for word. He said they were afraid to wave off a goal in a 1-1 game in this building, afraid they wouldn't get out of here alive if they did.

Eff you.