GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

From the BNews:

"When you go on the road, the pressure isn't there to perform and be fancy," Rivet said. "When teams play on the road, they play simple hockey, wait for opportunities, wait for the home team to make mistakes."

I've been waiting for this excuse. :rolleyes: Fans aren't going to complain if the team consistently wins 1-0 or 2-1 at home.

I hate this excuse more than any other in the world. The fact that it is coming out of Rivet again makes me despise him even more...

From the BNews:

"When you go on the road, the pressure isn't there to perform and be fancy," Rivet said. "When teams play on the road, they play simple hockey, wait for opportunities, wait for the home team to make mistakes."

I've been waiting for this excuse. :rolleyes: Fans aren't going to complain if the team consistently wins 1-0 or 2-1 at home.

We hear this all the GD time from them. To me, it sounds like they're giving themselves more credit than they deserve. When I see them lose to a crappy team at home, especially after a road win, it looks like they just kinda roll in expecting a win to be easy, because they're so great and they just won on the road, and now they're at home against a so-so team, so it shouldn't be to hard to get a win, so we don't have to bust our butts right out of the gate, etc. etc. This was the malaise that infected the team after Black Sunday, and I continue to ascribe it to immaturity and lack of leadership by the "top 6."

I'm going to be very PO'd if the shots are 12-2 for Ottawa after the first 11 minutes of the game. It wouldn't be the first time.

Ottawa sees Buffalo as just what the doctor ordered. Despite their recent ills they come in brimming with confidence about their ability to beat this squad as evidenced by their statements in some of the press. The way the Sabres have played at home I don't blame em but if the boys play like they did in Atlanta they should beat them.

Brian Elliott starting tonight. He's 8-0. Has a 1.89 GAA .937 SV% and a shutout vs. Sabres :(Although he's 4.62 GAA and .863 SV% this year. :D

Yep that's the poop they consider us their own little whipping boy/beotch , the tonic for what ails them....

Relief spelled HSBC

For the Ottawa Senators, Buffalo's HSBC Arena has served as a life preserver, something they've been able to grab onto and help turn around a season......

"We play well in that barn and we get some goaltending there and Brian has a lot of confidence in that building against that team," Senators coach Cory Clouston said following Thursday's practice in Ottawa. "And, if you combine those two factors, that's going to give you some success.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Relief+spelled+HSBC/3708794/story.html#ixzz137GPGOn6

I say if somebody doesn't make this bulletin board material and this Sabres team is not prepared for Ottawa to come out making a statement to turn around their season here tonight then ... :censored: :wallbash: :pirate: :censored:

Not tonight, not in our barn, not at our fans expense, not season saving for these POS, posers, arghhhh ....if this team has an .5 oz of sack...

Just win .

I would love to see McCormick and Neil go at it, but Neil has had his chance against Kassian in the preseason and McCormick in the opener and didn't seem to want anything to do with them.

"Fighting that guy is like punching rocks"

Boulton on fighting Chris Neil

Can't wait. Roll call time: who's going?

I am. Section 309. First time in the upper deck in years. New mortgage so need to save $. These tickets cost what 100 Level II tickets cost about 3 or 4 years ago.

The Arena could get ugly tonight if the boys don't show some grit.

Yeah as usual HSBC will be as quiet as a mouse...until the boo birds come out. What is wrong with that place? It has to be one of the least intimidating places to play in (outside of Arizona and the south). I feel their is too much of "a family atmosphere" there. Maybe they should start offering bowling ball shots in the parking-lot:)

Yeah as usual HSBC will be as quiet as a mouse...until the boo birds come out. What is wrong with that place? It has to be one of the least intimidating places to play in (outside of Arizona and the south). I feel their is too much of "a family atmosphere" there. Maybe they should start offering bowling ball shots in the parking-lot:)

Nice welcome to the board. I hear what your saying as far as the home ice factor. It really has declined over the past 5 years.

Nice welcome to the board. I hear what your saying as far as the home ice factor. It really has declined over the past 5 years.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I use to follow on TBN Sabres Edge game blog til they ruined it, and I am really happy to find this beautiful site. A lot of people like to blame the music they play in the arena, but IMO I think it is because regular folk can't afford seats in the 100s and 200s. It seems like the fans in the 100s are to lazy to bang on the glass, let alone stand up and cheer.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I use to follow on TBN Sabres Edge game blog til they ruined it, and I am really happy to find this beautiful site. A lot of people like to blame the music they play in the arena, but IMO I think it is because regular folk can't afford seats in the 100s and 200s. It seems like the fans in the 100s are to lazy to bang on the glass, let alone stand up and cheer.

Hate to rain on your newbie parade but banging on the glass is ###### annoying. It's an enormous distraction for everyone and the only purpose it serves it a look-at-me moment. Stand up, clap, dance around, holler, scream, whatever but banging on the glass is for morons.