GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Ottawa sees Buffalo as just what the doctor ordered. Despite their recent ills they come in brimming with confidence about their ability to beat this squad as evidenced by their statements in some of the press. The way the Sabres have played at home I don't blame em but if the boys play like they did in Atlanta they should beat them.

No, if Ottawa plays the way Atlanta did, the sabres should win. Don't forget what an awful effort that was by Atlanta, especially by their goaltender.

What exactly was wrong with Atlanta's goaltender? Mason made something like 38 saves and was the third star of the game.

What exactly was wrong with Atlanta's goaltender? Mason made something like 38 saves and was the third star of the game.

I agree with this point. The team in front of Mason was horrible, but without him I think that game could have been alot more out of hand then what it ended up.

I agree with this point. The team in front of Mason was horrible, but without him I think that game could have been alot more out of hand then what it ended up.

I think Mason was wearing his rubber pads. As someone else said, it easily could have been a 7 or 8-1 game, primarily due to the big fat juicy rebounds Mason was leaving everywhere.

I will give the sabres their due, they were in position to make plays against Atlanta, but they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt yet. For now it was just a good win over a team that played like absolute crap.

They can start to regain my confidence by pounding Ottawa into the ice tonight. I would love to see McCormick and Neil go at it, but Neil has had his chance against Kassian in the preseason and McCormick in the opener and didn't seem to want anything to do with them. He's pretty tough when he gets to take a run against Ennis, though. That's why having one tough guy does not make up for a team full of pansies.

Lets see some team toughness tonight. They need to, dare I say, play out of character.

From the BNews:

"When you go on the road, the pressure isn't there to perform and be fancy," Rivet said. "When teams play on the road, they play simple hockey, wait for opportunities, wait for the home team to make mistakes."

I've been waiting for this excuse. :rolleyes: Fans aren't going to complain if the team consistently wins 1-0 or 2-1 at home.