GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

Well, you can't deny they've been better in every zone so far.

(Although seeing Dudley and Ramsey look old make me feel ....well....old. )

Not at all.

This is the same situation they found themselves in early last season which led to their great start. They went all of November having Monday through Wednesday off. They are also facing a team coming off a decent road trip. I would expect this team to win 5-1 or 6-1 tonight. I also expect some posters to try and sell this team for what they are not by pointing to their suddenly bloated offensive numbers. I've seen it for 3 plus years now, I know when it's coming.

Not at all.

This is the same situation they found themselves in early last season which led to their great start. They went all of November having Monday through Wednesday off. They are also facing a team coming off a decent road trip. I would expect this team to win 5-1 or 6-1 tonight. I also expect some posters to try and sell this team for what they are not by pointing to their suddenly bloated offensive numbers. I've seen it for 3 plus years now, I know when it's coming.

I'm as down on this team for it's inconsistency and softness as anyone, but even though the Thrashers are coming off a west coast swing their last game was Friday night... that's a substantial amount of rest. Atlanta may be a little rusty but I don't know that it's fair to say the Sabres are outplaying them because they're more well rested.

Not at all.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

More than a bloated score, it is important for their D pairs to get some continuity.

That's been the problem.

I'm as down on this team for it's inconsistency and softness as anyone, but even though the Thrashers are coming off a west coast swing their last game was Friday night... that's a substantial amount of rest. Atlanta may be a little rusty but I don't know that it's fair to say the Sabres are outplaying them because they're more well rested.

I didn't mention rest?

Teams coming off west coast swings are likely to have a let down. Combined with the Sabres having 3 days to prepare is a formula for a big Sabres win.

Got a ??? for everybody in BFLO watching the game. Is the quality of the MSG broadcast really that poor, or is it the internet feed? I've got NHL GameCenter so I can see both teams broadcasts and MSG is by far the worst of all games I have seen so far this year. Almost like it's not really HD, just stretched to fit. Hell, even the ratio is off, seems like everybody is short and fat, lol.

Does anyone watching have to listen to the Atlanta feed? The announcers are ridiculously biased and just pretty much said Stafford should have gotten an embellishment penalty for reacting to Eager's high stick like 'his throat got slit.'

You can't say something like that based on one call. Did you hear when they were basically laughing at how awful the slashing call to Stafford was? These guys aren't great, but they're definitely not biased.

On that note though, players do embellish the high sticks all the time. It's a tough to figure out though because of the natural reaction to whip your head back when anything comes that close to hitting you in the face.