GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

You can't say something like that based on one call. Did you hear when they were basically laughing at how awful the slashing call to Stafford was? These guys aren't great, but they're definitely not biased.

On that note though, players do embellish the high sticks all the time. It's a tough to figure out though because of the natural reaction to whip your head back when anything comes that close to hitting you in the face.

Fair enough - biased wasn't the right word. They have made some good points for our team. I was just more taken aback at his comments, first on Connolly and then on Stafford. If he has the same reaction about a penalty against the Thrashers in the third period then I will call it even.

Got a ??? for everybody in BFLO watching the game. Is the quality of the MSG broadcast really that poor, or is it the internet feed? I've got NHL GameCenter so I can see both teams broadcasts and MSG is by far the worst of all games I have seen so far this year. Almost like it's not really HD, just stretched to fit. Hell, even the ratio is off, seems like everybody is short and fat, lol.

watching MSG HD on Directv looks fine to me

The city may not, don't forget there are hockey fans down there that do.

I'm not trying to be combative, but if that's the best the Thrashers can do in terms of attendance, then ownership should reconsider their location.

I'm not trying to be combative, but if that's the best the Thrashers can do in terms of attendance, then ownership should reconsider their location.

If the canes had never gotten to SC in first few years here you would see the same thing. Most Buffalo games in Carolina prior to first cup loss to detroit were same as you see in Atlanta lots of sabre fans few for the home team

There are many cities in the NFL that can't understand why Buffalo has a NFL team.

Is Atlanta a hockey hot bed? No! I will bet there are many fans in Atlanta that feel as strong about their team as we do about the Sabres. They may not have the numbers, they still exist. I don't want to see any fan lose their team.

What's German for off the shnide?

Prolly "Off der' shnide."

They speak German in Austria?

Edit: you learn something new every day.

The Languages of Austria include German, the official language and lingua franca, Austro-Bavarian, the main language outside Vorarlberg, Alemannic, the main language in Vorarlberg, and several minority languages.

[/b]

There are many cities in the NFL that can't understand why Buffalo has a NFL team.

Is Atlanta a hockey hot bed? No! I will bet there are many fans in Atlanta that feel as strong about their team as we do about the Sabres. They may not have the numbers, they still exist. I don't want to see any fan lose their team.

You're absolutely right. It would be very sad for the scores of fans who attend Thrashers games if their franchise were to leave Atlanta. But stuff happens, and if I owned the team and saw that empty seats outnumbered paying customers by a wide margin, you can bet that I'd try to protect my investment and start looking for an exit strategy. Ultimately, sports is a business. And business owners are in it to make money, not to provide a public service.

Anybody know would have happened to the double minor if Hecht's goal was good?

I believe the first penalty would have been wiped out and the second enforced.

"Any penalties signaled during the period of time between the

apparent goal and the next stoppage of play shall be assessed in the

normal manner, except when a minor penalty is to be assessed to the

team scored upon, and is therefore nullified by the scoring of the goal.

Refer to Rules 16.2 and 18.2. If an infraction happens after the first

stoppage of play following an apparent goal (infraction after the

whistle) by either team, it is assessed and served in the normal

manner regardless as to the decision rendered by the Video Goal

Judge."

You're absolutely right. It would be very sad for the scores of fans who attend Thrashers games if their franchise were to leave Atlanta. But stuff happens, and if I owned the team and saw that empty seats outnumbered paying customers by a wide margin, you can bet that I'd try to protect my investment and start looking for an exit strategy. Ultimately, sports is a business. And business owners are in it to make money, not to provide a public service.

I'm not going to argue business. My point is simply the guy like you and me. Watching the team, talking about it on some fan board and hoping for a Cup! I don't want to tell him he doesn't deserve a team to cheer for. If you want to talk strictly business then we can talk about how a city like Buffalo may not deserve a major professional sports team.

Got a ??? for everybody in BFLO watching the game. Is the quality of the MSG broadcast really that poor, or is it the internet feed? I've got NHL GameCenter so I can see both teams broadcasts and MSG is by far the worst of all games I have seen so far this year. Almost like it's not really HD, just stretched to fit. Hell, even the ratio is off, seems like everybody is short and fat, lol.

My HD feed (time warner cny 1050) sucks. It's high def, but the clarity is bad. Looks whitewashed. Doesn't look stretched, though. Definitely shot in 16x9.