GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

spndnchz

Ok PASabreFan we get it. You don't like Lindy and think he should be fired. But do you have to post take 34309204 shots at Lindy everyday??

It's the only thing that keeps me from going postal. Do you really want that on your conscience?

So, Larry Playfair puts his book on the bed and goes to the bathroom. Lindy hides it. What follows is sheer hilarity! Golden showers of laughter!

Butler was STOUT night. Breaking up odd man rushes, saved a possible goal and played with physicality.

Yep. He had a great game. When Morissonn returns, I don't necessarily want Butler to go back to the press box.

Since you and 11 mentioned it, I've noticed a few indications of a less-than-stellar hockey IQ from Stafford, but that was a really nice pass.

Credit where credit is due; yes it was.

Thanks for the prespective.

You're welcome.

Ok PASabreFan we get it. You don't like Lindy and think he should be fired. But do you have to post take 34309204 shots at Lindy everyday??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

At this point, even if he were to conjure an indisputable argument, is anyone still listening?

And Weber needs to be waived and sent to Portland. There's no point in keeping him around in the press box.

There are enough people who are unconvinced by Sekera (not necessarily me) and Rivet (I am not loving his play this year) that it might be a good idea to keep Weber around.

I think the problem is if he's waived he won't make it to Portland.

Sure he would. He hasn't shown anything that is going to make a team guarantee him an NHL roster spot.

There are enough people who are unconvinced by Sekera (not necessarily me) and Rivet (I am not loving his play this year) that it might be a good idea to keep Weber around.

And yet, clearly Ruff wants to play them over Weber. I don't know how that point could reasonably be debated. He's necessary now since we only have 7 active d-men, but once they're back to 8, there's no point.

Sure he would. He hasn't shown anything that is going to make a team guarantee him an NHL roster spot.

And yet, clearly Ruff wants to play them over Weber. I don't know how that point could reasonably be debated. He's necessary now since we only have 7 active d-men, but once they're back to 8, there's no point.

I see what you're saying; I just hope he gets some time before being sent down.

And Weber needs to be waived and sent to Portland. There's no point in keeping him around in the press box.

I think the problem is if he's waived he won't make it to Portland.

I think the Sabres think that:

1. Weber would likely not clear waivers.

2. they have a lot invested in Weber at this point.

3. Rivet is definitely gone after this year and Montador is at least 50/50 to be gone.

4. It's quite likely that they would want Weber to be their #6 or #7 guy next year.

5. It's also quite possible that Sekera or Butler (or both) falls off the table, or that one of them does and someone else gets hurt.

6. At $550K, they'd rather pay Weber an NHL salary and keep him on the bench this year in order to have the ability to use him next year (or this year if #5 happens) than waive him.

I think the Sabres think that:

1. Weber would likely not clear waivers.

2. they have a lot invested in Weber at this point.

3. Rivet is definitely gone after this year and Montador is at least 50/50 to be gone.

4. It's quite likely that they would want Weber to be their #6 or #7 guy next year.

5. It's also quite possible that Sekera or Butler (or both) falls off the table, or that one of them does and someone else gets hurt.

6. At $550K, they'd rather pay Weber an NHL salary and keep him on the bench this year in order to have the ability to use him next year (or this year if #5 happens) than waive him.

The more I think about #1, the more I think you're right. The Sabres probably don't see him clearing waivers, and frankly, neither do I. He could easily replace Hainsey in Atlanta, who made a bunch of mistakes last night, for example.

Since he's an offensive Dman with 0 points in 4 games, you may want to at least let it go until he starts producing. ;)

Ah, but what you said is the key..."until" he starts producing, not "if".

Does anyone doubt that he'd be our 6th Dman if he were on the squad? I don't.

If she's a poster here....I can be on the 10:15 to Atlanta on Delta with $1500 cash in my pocket.

She had a Blackberry...maybe they'll....I mean, she'll check in.

Yes, she was quite an example of Buffalonia.....HOT HOT HOT!

I believe the first penalty would have been wiped out and the second enforced. CORRECT....

"Any penalties signaled during the period of time between the

apparent goal and the next stoppage of play shall be assessed in the

normal manner, except when a minor penalty is to be assessed to the

team scored upon, and is therefore nullified by the scoring of the goal.

Refer to Rules 16.2 and 18.2. If an infraction happens after the first

stoppage of play following an apparent goal (infraction after the

whistle) by either team, it is assessed and served in the normal

manner regardless as to the decision rendered by the Video Goal

Judge."

Speaking of that, what is a 10 pound/sq inch piano?

I think he was about to say 10 ton gorilla, but pound came out and he had to correct it somehow. Harry sucks.

Separately, that was a nice win for the Sabres, top to bottom, in an arena where they've looked lousy for the past few years. I can't think of anyone who didn't play pretty well.

I can think of SEKERA. Holy cow he can not complete a pass. Simply awful.

See above, and yes, Rivet needs to go next year.

Ah, but what you said is the key..."until" he starts producing, not "if".

Does anyone doubt that he'd be our 6th Dman if he were on the squad? I don't.

Is your professed love of Kulikov fueled by your blinding hate of Kassian, or do you love Kulikov so much that anyone chosen in his stead is unworthy?

Is your professed love of Kulikov fueled by your blinding hate of Kassian, or do you love Kulikov so much that anyone chosen in his stead is unworthy?

No, if Kulikov were in the minors now, I wouldn't say a thing. But I KNEW this guy was NHL material and was pissed as hell at Darcy for passing him by.

Before the draft had begun the word was that they would take Kassian. Immediately I felt this would be a bad move and was praying they wouldn't do that. But for them to pass up Kulikov in the process was unbearable. I threw my papers at the TV screen and turned off the set - first time I've ever done that in an entry draft, which is one of the top 3 sports events on my calendar. That's how pissed I was.

It was then I realized that they aren't serious about building a Stanley Cup contender. They simply want to put fans in the seats and I still believe that to this day.

No, if Kulikov were in the minors now, I wouldn't say a thing. But I KNEW this guy was NHL material and was pissed as hell at Darcy for passing him by.

Before the draft had begun the word was that they would take Kassian. Immediately I felt this would be a bad move and was praying they wouldn't do that. But for them to pass up Kulikov in the process was unbearable. I threw my papers at the TV screen and turned off the set - first time I've ever done that in an entry draft, which is one of the top 3 sports events on my calendar. That's how pissed I was.

It was then I realized that they aren't serious about building a Stanley Cup contender. They simply want to put fans in the seats and I still believe that to this day.

Did you see the Sabres' preseason games, in particular the first one? If so, did you not think Kassian looked good?

I think Darcy has maintained that he will always take the best player available rather than drafting to fill a need. In this case I believe he drafted to fill a need but I like the choice of Kassian and think that once he developes he will be one of those rare players that combines skill and toughness much like a Shanahan.