Main Rival

gregkash

Easily Philly..I doubt I'm the only Sabes fan that literally gets sick everytime I see a Flyers sweater...10 years ago, I would have said Boston or Montreal...hard to say Toronto since we pretty much own them at home and in the playoffs during the HSBC/Goathead era..

Is there any truth to the rumor that they might realign after next season and go back to the old division/playoff format? It would be great to see another Wales Conference or Adams Divison Banner in the rafters!

After following the Sabres since 1980, it goes like this: (for me anyway)

BOS/MTL (they kicked our ass the entire 80's every year and always a 1st round loss)

PHI (This is my most hated team bar none overall. Bobby Clark and most Flyer Fans are a bunch of F$^&@ &(*&%# @$#$!!).

DAL (No Goal. Shoulda Woulda Coulda - - Grrrrrr :angry:

TOR (Really no anomosity to them in the 80's - early 90's due to the fact they were in the Norris Div with DET until the league and Bettman had to go ahead and change the traditional names for crying out loud. But I definitely agree that by the late 90's it was evident that the rivalry is there. Actually I like having BUF and TOR so close to one another and its getting better and better between the two for competitive games. And, it was so great to see BUF knock the S$#T out of them in the '99 East Finals!)

So thats it. OTW is there, as is old time Nordiques and Whalers, but the Sabres usually took care of business against those two. Maybe WSH and PIT but its only cause I'm pissed we lost to those guys in '98 and '00 respectively, playoff time.

Dallas and Philly. The last time the Sabres were in Dallas and lost to Buffalo, I had to hear "looks like another no goal huh" about 10 times on my way out of the stadium. Damn this hell hole.

I lived in Dallas years ago. Went back to see the Sabres there after the 'no goal' issue. Though I hated the city while I lived there when I was visiting I had a blast and not one person said a word to me about the 'no goal'. Sorry you aren't getting the same..............

I lived in Dallas years ago. Went back to see the Sabres there after the 'no goal' issue. Though I hated the city while I lived there when I was visiting I had a blast and not one person said a word to me about the 'no goal'. Sorry you aren't getting the same..............

That's because half the population in the Big-D doesn't even know they have a hockey team.

That's because half the population in the Big-D doesn't even know they have a hockey team.

LOL that is true, but while at the arena there I was treated with respect and had a great time! When I lived there originally they didn't have a team ;)

Whats funny is, the first 2 games I went to after the no goal issue, I didn't hear anything. It's just been the last trip or two that i've heard it and heard it excessively.

Actually, I'm a little surprised the Isles haven't been mentioned, yet...

Good point on the Islanders. I'm also a little surprised the Senators aren't thought of more of a rival considering their in the division, we've faced them a few times in the playoffs plus being Muckler's their GM and now that Hasek's on their roster...

Actually, I'm a little surprised the Isles haven't been mentioned, yet...

I feel the same way - it's probably an age thing.

The Bruins still make me think of Shoney busting through the Zamboni door while beating all of them up as a rookie.

The Isles crushed me a few times as they were winning Cups. We should have been in the finals a third time but for them. I'll never get over Billy Smith - but he was about as clutch as a player could ever be.

Archived