Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Maybe it's the sleeve colors distorting the view a bit, but that really doesn't look like an elbow to me... and I can't stand Kaleta so I'm not trying to defend him.

I started another thread for this and for the larger concussion discussion.

And before this past season he was playing really good hockey. His body must have just quit on him. Too bad, he was a good hockey player.

An unpopular move for me when he left, as I've always liked JP. Good career

An unpopular move for me when he left, as I've always liked JP. Good career

Out of all of the moves that the Sabres made, I've always felt letting JP go hurt us a lot more than Drury. JP was an assist machine. He could have really helped us around here. C'est la vie.

Out of all of the moves that the Sabres made, I've always felt letting JP go hurt us a lot more than Drury. JP was an assist machine. He could have really helped us around here. C'est la vie.

I agree.

I have always agreed with this. I remember having a very uneasy feeling in my stomach heading into the playoffs in '07 without JP.

James Wisniewski signed with Columbus. 6 years, $33 million per Bob McKenzie.

Columbus has made some nice moves this off-season.

Yes, but this makes me even happier about the cap hit we got for ehrhoff who is heads and tails better than Wisniewski

Yes, but this makes me even happier about the cap hit we got for ehrhoff who is heads and tails better than Wisniewski

Ehrhoff makes $34M in the first 6 years. So, he basically got the same contract with $3M, $1M, $1M, and $1M added to the end to drop the cap hit by $1.5M.

HUGE TRADE:

Bob McKenzie has broken the cone of silence of his vacation to announce that the Minnesota Wild have sent Martin Havlat to San Jose for Dany Heatley. No details as yet.

:huh:

HUGE TRADE:

Bob McKenzie has broken the cone of silence of his vacation to announce that the Minnesota Wild have sent Martin Havlat to San Jose for Dany Heatley. No details as yet.

Ok, I posted this in the Confirmed Non-Sabres Trades thread discussion. This is apparently the around the league 2010-2011 thread. I've seen a bunch of free agent signings/discussion on the the Trades discussion. I really have no idea where to post stuff anymore. Am I wrong, is it others, are we all wrong? What's going on? I feel like I'm in that Talking Heads song, "Once in a Lifetime."

Take it for what its worth but Eklund is reporting that Tampa and Stamkos are far apart on a deal and a trade is a growing possibility. Just for shi*s and giggles, what would the Sabres have to do cap-wise in order to sign Stamkos?

Trade away about $10 million in salary cap space. It's possible if you are moving Boyes, Kotalik, Morrisonn, and Sekera. But, now you've lost a decent forward option in Boyes and lost some major depth on the blueline if you did that. That's just the salary cap space you'd need to clear out in the event you went after Stamkos with an offer sheet. I'm not sure shipping off $10 million in cap space AND four 1st round picks is worth it for Stamkos unless you can get 2-3 of those first round picks back through trades.

If you tried to trade for Stamkos, it'd be pretty difficult even with the assets the Sabres have. You'd be involving Ennis, McNabb, Kassian, and probably 1-2 first round draft picks in addition to another major roster player like Roy or Stafford, which in my opinion is way too expensive on the asset side to do. It's not worth it to trade for Stamkos.

Ok, I posted this in the Confirmed Non-Sabres Trades thread discussion. This is apparently the around the league 2010-2011 thread. I've seen a bunch of free agent signings/discussion on the the Trades discussion. I really have no idea where to post stuff anymore. Am I wrong, is it others, are we all wrong? What's going on? I feel like I'm in that Talking Heads song, "Once in a Lifetime."

U r correct sir.

This is a confirmed non-Sabres trade :thumbsup:

Around the league is for various bull shite not worth a thread, but handy dandy info crap.

Trade away about $10 million in salary cap space. It's possible if you are moving Boyes, Kotalik, Morrisonn, and Sekera. But, now you've lost a decent forward option in Boyes and lost some major depth on the blueline if you did that. That's just the salary cap space you'd need to clear out in the event you went after Stamkos with an offer sheet. I'm not sure shipping off $10 million in cap space AND four 1st round picks is worth it for Stamkos unless you can get 2-3 of those first round picks back through trades.

If you tried to trade for Stamkos, it'd be pretty difficult even with the assets the Sabres have. You'd be involving Ennis, McNabb, Kassian, and probably 1-2 first round draft picks in addition to another major roster player like Roy or Stafford, which in my opinion is way too expensive on the asset side to do. It's not worth it to trade for Stamkos.

Stamkos, to me, would be an all in play. This teams not ready for that yet IMO.

I saw Boston and Montreal about 3 yrs ago making a run for the Cup. It's slow, it builds, it succeeds. They're on the right track give it time.

Stamkos, to me, would be an all in play. This teams not ready for that yet IMO.

I saw Boston and Montreal about 3 yrs ago making a run for the Cup. It's slow, it builds, it succeeds. They're on the right track give it time.

I think Stamkos is a talent along the lines of someone like Sidney Crosby and you typically don't have the opportunity to attempt to sign a player of that caliber. Adding a guy like Stamkos at this stage in his career gives whatever team that signs him a player to build around for the next 10-15 years. He's not the type of player that is added only to get your team over the hump.

Take it for what its worth but Eklund is reporting that Tampa and Stamkos are far apart on a deal and a trade is a growing possibility. Just for shi*s and giggles, what would the Sabres have to do cap-wise in order to sign Stamkos?

Consider the source before posting. Stamkos isn't going anywhere.

I think Stamkos is a talent along the lines of someone like Sidney Crosby and you typically don't have the opportunity to attempt to sign a player of that caliber. Adding a guy like Stamkos at this stage in his career gives whatever team that signs him a player to build around for the next 10-15 years. He's not the type of player that is added only to get your team over the hump.

I think not. Stamkos needs a setup man to do his thing. Crosby is unmatched in today's NHL. Ovechkin comes the closest but Stamkos isn't in the same category - yet. Stamkos scores, Crosby does much more than score. He sets up plays, controls the game, and is a clutch player.

I wouldn't sell the farm for Stamkos. Spndchz (however you spell it, or say it) is right. We have to build a team, not buy or trade for one. Our strength is in our youth, which is why I don't want to trade Ennis.

Archived