Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

as what...a younger, cheaper goose? meh.

Not that I'm interested in Cogliano, but he's nearly the polar opposite to Goose in terms of size, speed, and skill set. He'd be more of what we may already have too many of: small, speedy, inconsistent scorers.

I think Stamkos is a talent along the lines of someone like Sidney Crosby and you typically don't have the opportunity to attempt to sign a player of that caliber. Adding a guy like Stamkos at this stage in his career gives whatever team that signs him a player to build around for the next 10-15 years. He's not the type of player that is added only to get your team over the hump.

The problem with this philosophy is the long term as u stated. Giving up 4 first round picks is a pretty big setback to a club. Given a player takes at least 1-3 years to develop (exceptions sure), that's possibly a full 4-7 years before u get another 1st round pick.

Before u offer sheet a player u had better know not only your short term plan but your long term plan for the team.

Gotcha. I'm interested to see how these all pan out then.

I think Callahan and Dubinsky get big awards. Can't see the Rangers being able to fit all 4 players in the cap. Would love a shot at Callahan but it will be expensive.

Zenon Konopka signed with the Ottawa Senators. 307 PIM's and a 57.7% faceoff win rate. He is going to make Paul Gaustad and Cody McCormick very busy boys, Goose in the circle and Cody with his fists.

Ottawa may not do very well this season but they are going to entertain their fans. Neil, Lessard, Carkner, and Konopka. Shades of May, Ray, Barnaby, Hughes, et al.

Archived