MILLER ?????

rickshaw

Miller seems to me to be a bit of a headcase but what goalie isn't? However, if he is down about Biron starting, he's not much of a team guy.

As much as I like Noronen, and think he could be better than Biron, the fact is that he hasn't played enough.

Miller seems to be struggling obviously. 10 goals in 5 periods is not good.

I think keeping Biron for the remainder of this year was very smart. The team cannot afford to have a slumping goalie. I doubt both will slump together.

Biron may be the goalie in the playoffs. Who knows? Based on Miller's recent games, it's not out of the question.

I hope he gets his mojo back and the team has two go to guys. Miller has played too much as well.

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm glad Biron is still here.

I thought Miller was starting to look a bit soft in the Boston and Toronto games as well (1 soft goal against the Leafs and 1 softies with another questionable goal against the Bs). This is the first time he has played this deep into an NHL season and he may have hit a bit of a wall. I wonder if the best course is to give Biron a series of 2-3 straight games and get Miller some time to get back on track.

I thought Miller was starting to look a bit soft in the Boston and Toronto games as well (1 soft goal against the Leafs and 1 softies with another questionable goal against the Bs). This is the first time he has played this deep into an NHL season and he may have hit a bit of a wall. I wonder if the best course is to give Biron a series of 2-3 straight games and get Miller some time to get back on track.

As if Miller didn't have time to rest during the Olympics? If anything, I think he needs to continue to start games he normally would anyway.

Biron may be the goalie in the playoffs. Who knows?

Who would know even if Miller was as strong as ever the last few games?

Based on Miller's recent games, it's not out of the question.

That's the thing. You can't base it on Miller's recent games. Goalies go through slumps and have bad days. Why toy with such a negative thought?

Didn't four of the five ring off the post? The only goal I thought Miller looked bad on was the Savage goal. The others seemed like great shots.

It was game 62 of a 92 games season. All players will have ups and downs. It's why the Sabres balance is so important. It's nice to see the offense pick up the goaltending when it hits a string of bad breaks.

The landscape of hockey history is littered with goaltender flameouts who gave up goals only off posts, perfect shots, rebounds that their defense didn't clear, bad bounces no one could anticipate and screen shots they couldn't see, but who otherwise stood on their heads! Stop apologizing for the guy! Miller has hit a rough patch. Probably no reason for huge concern, but if Marty Biron stands on his head today, things could get very interesting, very quickly.

It's why the Sabres balance is so important. It's nice to see the offense pick up the goaltending when it hits a string of bad breaks.

This is very important. During the Hasek era, if he gave up 3 or more goals, it would more than likely end up in a loss. Now that the Sabres are showing some offensive firepower, heads don't have to start hanging when they fall behind 2-0.

I'm a little worried about Miller too. Thank God for Marty!! With the two of them in tandem I think things will be fine. Nothing like competition to inspire greatness.

Any goalie will tell you they are disappointed in a goal they let in, no matter how good the shot was. Only a deflected shot leaves the goalie helpless. I don't care if those shots went in off the post, an NHL goalie needs to stop those with reflexes or better positioning in the net. I think at least 3 of those Flyer goals came from far enough towards the boards that better positioning in the net may have helped. It seems Miller is more of a sound technical guy and maybe some of his fundamentals are going right now.

The bad news is that it looks like the book is finally out on him. High glove hand is where the shooters are going. If he doesn't find a way to adjust, he'll be another one of those one-season wonders.

I'm a little worried about Miller too. Thank God for Marty!! With the two of them in tandem I think things will be fine. Nothing like competition to inspire greatness.

Any goalie will tell you they are disappointed in a goal they let in, no matter how good the shot was. Only a deflected shot leaves the goalie helpless. I don't care if those shots went in off the post, an NHL goalie needs to stop those with reflexes or better positioning in the net. I think at least 3 of those Flyer goals came from far enough towards the boards that better positioning in the net may have helped. It seems Miller is more of a sound technical guy and maybe some of his fundamentals are going right now.

The bad news is that it looks like the book is finally out on him. High glove hand is where the shooters are going. If he doesn't find a way to adjust, he'll be another one of those one-season wonders.

High glove hand has been the place to beat him in the last month or so, but I don't think that was the case prior to that. Since he came back from his thumb injury, he has been much better moving laterally and also covering low and controlling rebounds low. This is strictly my own opinion, but I think Ryan adjusted his game slightly to cover what was his primary weakness (giving up HUGE rebounds low from his left side) and is now positioned slightly lower in his stance (his legs are probably slightly wider apart than before) and thus his glove is not quite where he is used to it being. If I am correct, he will definitely have this issue taken care of next season, and could have it becoming much less of a problem by the playoffs as this is his new "weakness".

Archived