I'm kinda mad.

gregkash

I read an artical and It said a switch back the the blue and gold is likely... any one know anything?

as as far as my two cents about this season. I'm from Buffalo, I grew up loving the Sabres, I was there for game 6 in 99/00 season against the Stars... I was there for May Day, Grant Fuhr's first game, I was there. I'm in FL now so I can't go to the games but if I could I would, because I support my team.

Yes I understand management isn't bringing in the guys we need to (without something crazy like the 97 season) make a real run at it. But think of it like this.. if we had signed Allison, you all would be pretty much satisfied and then you'd be supporting all these players.. but because they didn't I guess the players these young players who make up our very core aren't good enough to support?

All youre gonna do is run them out of town and make the team get worse before we get better. I mean whatever happened to liking your team? The cap is gonna be lower next year, there's gonna be a wide array of Free Agents and we don't know what trades we have in store from a good position of three capable goalies.

By all means, place your complaints about management.

Support your team though.. do you know how it feels to play to an empty stadium? How are you supposed to win when your own fans don't even believe in you. You're gonna cripple our team and tear them apart before you even give them a chance.

That's a damn shame. PLayoffs or not I love the Sabres. The team. The game. Not the management. And that's who I go to watch and support.

Sometimes I get really sad that ever since I left buffalo you've all become such bandwagon fans. These are the tough times every franchise goes through. You gonna be saints fans with paper bags?

Someone said they hadn't been to a game in 4 years.. Oh really? So one year after the Sabres made it to the STANLEY CUP you pulled your support.

Not gonna go to the games huh?

Well I can really see the argument to spend money when you're not making any.

I'd really be working hard to put a great team on the ice for every night i played in front of 6000 fans. /sarcasm

When we were the hardest working team in hockey it was symbollic of our city. It was the reputation each and everyone had because of them. And now you just pull your support like a little a bitch.

I support my team. Through thick and thing. Good and Bad. And when we DO win, and make no mistake we will, I won't be lying when I say I was with them all the way.

no offense, but I think it's aweful like of you people.

We're getting new duds for the 06-07 season. It will be blue and gold but not the old jerseys. It will be a modernized version of our old jersey and logo.

---------------------------------------

As for people not wanting to go to games, they have that right. Why would you spend your hard earned money if the team isn't doing anything to improve itself.

Personally, I was debating on season tix this season but after hearing Darcy talk about the direction he is taking for this team, I will not get them. I'm not excited for this season because instead of bettering our team, we made it worse with the subtraction of 81 and 44.

However, I will obviously watch and support this team in other ways, just none that involve my money on a consistant basis. I think that is fair.

And if Darcy is right and this team is a winner, than everyone will spend their money to go to games, but right now, the smart money is that they aren't as good as they want you to believe. Being from Buffalo, we expect and want to win always. Anything else is unacceptable, so does that make us bandwagon fans? I don't think so.

you're not always gonna win it's a fact of life.

If you can't stick with your team through the bad you don't deserve the good.

We've stuck through the bad long enough. We deserve better.

To quote a friend of mine that emailed me a few days ago on this subject...

This is a disaster for the Sabres. You've got to get the fans excited again. Look at Pittsburgh -- almost the same boat the Sabres are in and they're improving themselves. I don't get it. The organization is ALWAYS talking about how something can't be done. Maybe just maybe they know what they're doing. But if they think the fans are just going to be "happy to have a team," they are nuts. They don't know Buffalo. I'm not even from Buffalo, and I know Buffalo. OK, I'm going to take a deep breath. It's only August.

Let's hope this is a non-issue come opening night, but I gotta believe that Darcy isn't going to make things any better before than.

Guest PCNORTH22

just a couple of thoughts about this thread...

i do think that people in buffalo are getting to negative about this team...but I do wish the Sabres would sign some name to the club...i think even the players are waiting for that...

if i had any money at all to spend this year, i'd get at least a 10 pack of games, despite no "added value" to the club this year...because this is our team...and i love watching them...with the hope that they can win every single game...i always think that...you know that all of you do as well...

two more thoughts...i obviously don't know what caused you to leave buffalo for florida...so there may be to this than what I perceive....but if you left buffalo for a better job in florida...you're no better than people here being bandwagon fans with their team...you're a bandwagon fan with your city....stick with the city when its down...show your support...

oh...and regarding the pittsburgh analogy w/ buffalo...similar situations, yadda yadda yadda...they're not even close. The second that Pittsburgh won the lottery, they're revenue stream shot up like crazy...thats what's leading them to sign gonchar, palffy, etc...they know they'll have the cash for the next couple of years, definitely...

if they hadn't won the lottery...they would have been in the same position as the sabres...probably make a few small signings and dump any big salaries to get under the revenue sharing number...

the pens winning that lotto saved that team, in pittsburgh anyway...

It''s too early to panic, but you wonder if the management is more worried about their salary cap numbers than those on the back sof the jerseys? I think Buffalo could have, still can, actually, made/make a move to get a snipe like Peter Bondra. Why not go after Roman Hamrlik? These guys are out there, but Regier sits on his hands. I'm highly skeptical they made any effort to sign anybody of note this past week. Sure, the Sabres will compete. But aren't they trying to make the play-offs? Numinen does not replace Zhitnik, and although I think he will be good, and very soon, I'm not so sure Tomas Vanek is a replacement of Satan, at least not yet.

two more thoughts...i obviously don't know what caused you to leave buffalo for florida...so there may be to this than what I perceive....but if you left buffalo for a better job in florida...you're no better than people here being bandwagon fans with their team...you're a bandwagon fan with your city....stick with the city when its down...show your support...

I was 16 and my dad got transferred.

I had no say in the matter and I fought it every second of every day to the point where they dragged me into the car to move.

the two years I had to live in Tampa were the worst of my life and I came back to Buffalo every chance I could afford to.

When it was time to go to college I got into UB and FSU (some others but they're the only two that matter) and then it became a point of being able to afford college or not. So I had to go to FSU.

Ive been too poor recently to go back, but I wish every second that I could.

i LOVE buffalo

Hey you want to talk about wasting your time on a team that are perennial losers?

Try being a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. They've won 2 championships in a league with 9 teams and close to 100 years of existence.

That's almost beyond comprehension. But our management does the same thing. "Gotta support the team, it's the only game in town. Your not a true Saskatchewaner if you don't cheer for the Riders. We can't compete with the other teams 'cause we're a small-market. No good players want to come here because we're not a big city.Blah, blah, blah."

My point is it's nice to hold your support for the team up like a badge of honor, but at some point you start to question if the management is on the same page as you.

If you don't support the team, the team may fold or move. If you do support the team, the status quo may never change.

It's a dilemma. I have season tickets to the Riders, just 'cause it's fun to take my kids to the games from time to time. Usually, I give the seats away to others. But, every time I hear management yappity-yap about "re-building", or "this is our year", I tune it out. It's kinda like having a McDonald's manager tell me how healthy their food is, and then being stupid enough to believe him.

shooot. i messed up.

it's been 4 years, not 50.

and im a clippers fan i know about managers not spending money.

Sooner or later the Sabres are gonna turn into a championship team and if youre not behind them now don't be behind them then.

What happens if they start off 12-0. You gonna go to the games then?

i obviously don't know what caused you to leave buffalo for florida......you're no better than people here being bandwagon fans with their team...you're a bandwagon fan with your city....stick with the city when its down...show your support...

I don't want to revel in this, as we're about the hockey here.

I was forced by my education to move from Buffalo. My job simply doesn't exist in Buffalo; the facilities required to employ me don't exist in Buffalo.

I love Buffalo. I've always loved Buffalo. I love the Sabres. I've always loved the Sabres. Living where I live and working where I work doesn't preclude me from doing these things.

To posit that one must pay taxes to or even live near the city one loves is complete .

Back on track.

Having recently examined the shallow rosters of other teams, especially some of the teams that did poorly before, I'm confident that our "young core" can compete. Another talented free agent would aid the club mostly with ticket sales, and the added production would undoubtedly help competition. But patience by us and a patient trade of Darcy "I'll screw you on the trade table, and you'll like it" Regier will put out some of the fire, and help the fans and the team get right back to the upper side of .600.

We've stuck through the bad long enough. We deserve better.

To quote a friend of mine that emailed me a few days ago on this subject...

Let's hope this is a non-issue come opening night, but I gotta believe that Darcy isn't going to make things any better before than.

He's right actually... and what an oppertunity they've had in the last few weeks... i mean the bad should be WAY behind us... not still in front of us... but now that oppertunity is lost... we still have 15.4 million in salary cap room... WTF Darcy... and how many players do we have that are payed over 2 million... maybe 4? i think we can spare some change here guys....

alright what if and im saying what if.

Wwe spent a #%^$#! ton of money got ourselves good for the next year.

And the year after we're screwed.

But if we wait till next year, we can have a contending team for the next 3 years.

Are you willing to wait a year for 3 years of championship contention or do you just want it now and then back to the suck?

None of us know the master plan here guys but no one WANTS to lose.

You think Golisano wants to be known as the proud owner of a losing team.

I'm guessing not. Neither does Regier, ESPECIALLY since he knows his balls are the on the wall in these next two years and if he can't make a winner good luck to him finding a job anywhere else.

Very interesting thread...

I don't know what the cap will do to the dynamics of the game, but I suspect that it will likely follow the NFL more than the NBA because the NHL like the NFL is is more team oriented than the NBA. This means that the biggest stars may be too expensive to have a decent supporting cast.

If the Sabres are looking at the cap and thinking of the Patriots as their model of operation, then they are doing a very good job. Wait, and there will be some decent bargains, which improve your 3rd and 4th lines.

As for supporting the team, I don't think there is anyone here who doesn't want to see the them do well. Personally, I wouldn't go to a game before January, but that has more to do with the effort (or lack there of) by the players league-wide.

But I like to see a game or two when they are in Boston...

Guest rickshaw

People seem to have very short memories when it comes to Satan and Zhitnik.

Yes, 81 had skill beyond belief, but how was it he ended up on the 4th line on a frequent basis?? He floated that's why? Imagine if he gave his all. Buffalo got good use out of 81 as they got him for a song, so who cares if he left for a song as well?

44 may have logged lots of ice time, but was there a guy who took stupider penalties than him? How about his booming shot, OFF THE NETTING ABOVE THE GOAL! Who cares if he has a hard shot, if it's always at your head?

The Sabres will be fine. They need a few things and I believe they will do what it takes to be a playoff team. No, they aren't Cup bound yet, but at least they are on the upswing.

Guest MIABeachBills

PCNORTH states "but if you left buffalo for a better job in florida...you're no better than people here being bandwagon fans with their team...you're a bandwagon fan with your city....stick with the city when its down...show your support..."

You cannot be serious ????

You honestly expect people to live in poverty or close to it JUST to "support" their hometown?

My career earns triple here in FLA than that of what I was to make in Western NY.....So I too left....and I thank God I did.

My family and I are healthier (both physically and spiritually), do not have financial worries, our home is more comfortable, we have the choice of picking a safe neighborhood, we eat better, we receive top quality medical care, the children are being educated in excellent private schools, have many more options for recreational activities and they don't have to walk around in tattered clothing....just to name a few.

So sir, please refrain from ridiculing others just because they wanted to better their lives.

I love Buffalo....the Bills, The Sabres, The Bisons and the people there !!!

But I'll be damned if I put my childrens lives in jeopardy just to "Support" my city when its down !!!

I left in the 80's and from what I see....it is still one of the most depressed areas in the country...not only financially, but spiritually and mentally....lol.

Last words:

About how many people have left Buffalo in the last 25 years?

Didn't you almost lose the Sabres because the twon could not support them?

Didn't the same go for the Bills a few years back?

By the way, I still attend every Bills game here in Miami as well as Sabre games vs. the Panthers.

Guest MIABeachBills

Oh about the newly revised blue and gold uniforms for 2006-07....

Is this it?

av-34.gif

What's with the bison?

Why is his a$$ cut off...or is he a midget bison?

is he just a "stump"?

he looks retarded....

Is this the best they could do for the little money they have left?

is he the "Poverty Buffalo" ?

You're a freaking hype. How can you say that? You'd have to be a complete douche bag to live in a city for the sole purpose of supporting a sports team or staying in one for that purpose alone. Lord knows I hate Dallas, TX with a passion, but 1.) no offense to people who live in Buffalo, but there is no way I could live in Buffalo. I've been twice to see Sabre games and I don't like it. But that has no bearing on how I feel about the Sabres team 2.) My job here plays really well, so until it ends, i'll probably stick it out as long as I can. When I do decide to leave this hell hole, I won't be moving to a city just because it has a team that I like. Thats just ridiculous. And there is no way I would root for the Stars just because i'm a resident of this town. I'm guessing that you are really young, haven't checked your profile yet. That can be the only explanation for your ludicrous remark. Either way, your statement is just beyond belief. If anything, choosing another team because you are in a new city, makes you a bandwagon fan, not vice versa. Lifes too short to live in one city just because you were born there. Life is short, striving for happiness is more important than representing the city you grew up in. Maybe one day when you do just that, you will understand.

Archived