Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

LOL, it's going to be one of those years: LeBrun reporting that Phoenix traded Vandermeer to Oilers of O'Sullivan - both were waived yesterday - and then each team bought out its new player. :blink:

There has to be a late round pick or future considerations involved to balance out the slight difference in money. Or maybe even "past considerations" where Edmonton passed on some guy in the draft so that Phoenix could pick him.

There has to be a late round pick or future considerations involved to balance out the slight difference in money. Or maybe even "past considerations" where Edmonton passed on some guy in the draft so that Phoenix could pick him.

Haven't checked into it, but Patty O might qualify for the 1/3 buyout because he's so young. However, he also had a front-loaded contract, so there is some makeup in the cap hit (his actual average salary paid was higher than his cap hit over those two years.) The terms might just fit each team better. Just an off-the-cuff thought, though.

LOL, it's going to be one of those years: LeBrun reporting that Phoenix traded Vandermeer to Oilers of O'Sullivan - both were waived yesterday - and then each team bought out its new player. :blink:

OK, TSN saying that the Oilers will keep Vandermeer, but Phoenix will buyout O'Sullivan. That makes more sense.

Oilers are going to keep Vandermeer. Phoenix buyout of O'Sullivan is cheaper than Vandermeer. Win-Win.

edit: what you said.

Leighton re-signs with Philly 2 years 3.1 million.

Looks like philly is going the cheaper route on the goalie. I can't wait to see what exciting moves they have in store. :thumbdown:

I like how they have now thrown away a couple late picks for the negotiating rights for Hamhuis and Nabokov. You'd think they would at least tamper their way to having an idea of whether or not the guy would want to sign before actually making the move.

Leighton re-signs with Philly 2 years 3.1 million.

Looks like philly is going the cheaper route on the goalie. I can't wait to see what exciting moves they have in store. :thumbdown:

Good move by Philly. The tandem of Boucher and Leighton worked out well for Philly this year and is worth another try. This is a move that I personally expected Philly to make and would have been shocked if they didn't.

Good move by Philly. The tandem of Boucher and Leighton worked out well for Philly this year and is worth another try. This is a move that I personally expected Philly to make and would have been shocked if they didn't.

It probably was the way to go for them, but I fully expect to hear massive whining out of Philadelphia at several points in the season about their goalies struggling.

AP Report on the front page of Sabrespace stating the Sabres have shown "no interest" in Cody McCormick. I'm not sure if I have thought less of this organization.

If anyone embodied exactly what the Sabres needed this past playoff season, it was McCormick. Physical, mean aggressive player with size, willing to do whatever it takes to win. Who needs players like that? I don't think these guys have a clue how to build a team.

AP Report on the front page of Sabrespace stating the Sabres have shown "no interest" in Cody McCormick. I'm not sure if I have thought less of this organization.

If anyone embodied exactly what the Sabres needed this past playoff season, it was McCormick. Physical, mean aggressive player with size, willing to do whatever it takes to win. Who needs players like that? I don't think these guys have a clue how to build a team.

You know its one thing if the guy just brought an edge. But when in the lineup - when it counted most mind you- he also performed at a level that warranted more playing time. To have a shot at this guy at the price he would be and not "show interest" .....Im right with you on my opinions of this org. Unless there is a bigger master plan. :wallbash:

Archived