ESPN SportsCenter hockey coverage

LabattBlue

speaking of espn...

at 9:20, they teased the sabres game going into commercial. its now 10:01, i've watched one live ending to a basketball game, seen the pirates vs. red sox hilights, other b-ball hilights, some courside analysis, and nfl signings. i've never seen an entire basketball game in my life, from the opening to ending, yet i can now name all the conference champs in 40 minutes of watching esBnnews.

i've never seen an entire basketball game in my life, from the opening to ending, yet i can now name all the conference champs in 40 minutes of watching esBnnews.

The last time I saw a complete NBA game, Magic hadn't announced he had HIV... I just don't find it interesting.

Does Center Ice have some kind of evening highlights show. If not, I'm not sure how that would help.

It doesn't, although there was talk earlier in the season that there would be a US version of the NHL channel coming out sometime (hopefully next season, I guess). But to get better highlights and the pre / post game shows of most teams you can get the Sports Package on DirecTV. It has about 40 regional sports channels included. Unfortunately, most of them are the various regional FSN's, so through most of the day you have 20 versions of Bass Fishing Today or whatever other lame program Fox puts together. But you also get, say the Detroit Sports Report which has a lot of hockey coverage and some others have a lot of hockey coverage too.

The Sports Package does black out NHL and other pro sports leagues unless you have the appropriate league program, but it doesn't block out pre / post game shows. Unfortunately for Sabres fans though, the Sabres pre/ post game shows are only on an alternate feed, so DirecTV doesn't pick them up. Hopefully Buffalo will get a sports network again so people can see those again.

hey dave, is that some sort of a joke? I think this team is closer to the presidents trophy than 8th! 16W baby! That's all that matters.

Let's get in the playoffs 1st. After that, I haven't decided if I will count down to 7th or home ice (4th).

Hopefully, we get to work it up to Magic # for President's Trophy.

It absolutely becomes Magic # 16 around 11PM on April 18.

I just sent an email to ESPN TV... it won't make a difference, but I ranted for a while and hopefully someone will at least read it.... then probably laugh at me and all the other hockey fans who don't watch sportscenter anymore.

But at least I got it off my chest

I just sent an email to ESPN TV... it won't make a difference, but I ranted for a while and hopefully someone will at least read it.... then probably laugh at me and all the other hockey fans who don't watch sportscenter anymore.

But at least I got it off my chest

You better watch out bro, they might send some guys in black Nike track suits to your house to make sure that you are mentally stable or what not. Those ESPN guys play hard ball.

Does Center Ice have some kind of evening highlights show. If not, I'm not sure how that would help.

No video highlights I know, but channel 671 (cox communications, west coast) or the first of 10 Center Ice NHL channels has the full scoreboard, league leaders and Div standings.

If that doesn't work, use NHL.com Highlights section video download. Pretty good.

And a big #%^$#! You to ESPN!! You and your friggin baskestball love fest P'Diddy HipHop Bullcrap!! Just a lousy game

Wow, such rage towards basketball. I thought all you Americans loved rap music, basketball and 'comedies' featuring nerdy white cops teamed with ultra-cool black cops.

I never really liked basketball either, although I am a fan of the most international team in the league(Spurs).

As a Canadian, I apologize to all of you who do not like basketball. As you know a Canadian invented the sport and we promptly shipped it to you guys (thank goodness). For this, I apologize.

I used to get ESPN on my cable up here. College basketball and football constantly!! Yucch!!!!

Now, I get TSN (known in Western Canada as the Toronto Sports Network), where Leaf hi-lights, Leaf debates, Leaf analysis, Leaf glorification and more Leaf hi-lights gobble up huge amounts of time. Hmmm, on second thought, I think I'd rather have the ESPN.

Wow, such rage towards basketball. I thought all you Americans loved rap music, basketball and 'comedies' featuring nerdy white cops teamed with ultra-cool black cops.

I never really liked basketball either, although I am a fan of the most international team in the league(Spurs).

As a Canadian, I apologize to all of you who do not like basketball. As you know a Canadian invented the sport and we promptly shipped it to you guys (thank goodness). For this, I apologize.

I used to get ESPN on my cable up here. College basketball and football constantly!! Yucch!!!!

Now, I get TSN (known in Western Canada as the Toronto Sports Network), where Leaf hi-lights, Leaf debates, Leaf analysis, Leaf glorification and more Leaf hi-lights gobble up huge amounts of time. Hmmm, on second thought, I think I'd rather have the ESPN.

Yeah, amazing huh? An American who actually LOVES hockey above all the rest! We are out there, just give us a chance.

Basketball and NASCAR on the other hand.... :angry:

Archived