Sabres free agents

repster

I'd let Lydman, Lalime and Torres walk.

Resign Tallinder, Grier, and Mair.

Trade Stafford for draft picks - based on what they got for MacArthur maybe get a 2 and a late round pick?

Qualify Kaleta and Kennedy.

Utilize money from Torres, Lydman & Stafford to sign a forward.

Ennis, Gerbe, Enroth and Weber play with the Sabres next year.

Vanek-Roy-Ennis

Connolly-FA?-Pominville

Gerbe-Hecht-Grier

Kennedy-Gaustad-Kaleta

Mair

Myers-Tallinder

Rivet-Montador

Sekera-Butler

Weber

Fellas, help me out with Kennedy. I see a small player with limited abilities to help the team in the playoffs. Dont we generally agree that the team is too small and "not built for the playoffs?"

I think Gerbe and Ennis have way more potential than Kennedy. I dont think he's all that great and should not be considered part of the future core. No flames please. Just an opinion. If you like him, great. I think a roster bomb is in order and Kennedy does not strike me as anything beyond average and could be leveraged to get some more power up front.

I'd let Lydman, Lalime and Torres walk.

Resign Tallinder, Grier, and Mair.

Trade Stafford for draft picks - based on what they got for MacArthur maybe get a 2 and a late round pick?

Qualify Kaleta and Kennedy.

Utilize money from Torres, Lydman & Stafford to sign a forward.

Ennis, Gerbe, Enroth and Weber play with the Sabres next year.

Vanek-Roy-Ennis

Connolly-FA?-Pominville

Gerbe-Hecht-Grier

Kennedy-Gaustad-Kaleta

Mair

Myers-Tallinder

Rivet-Montador

Sekera-Butler

Weber

I actually like those forward lines pretty well. I think Vanek needs to play with Ennis, Tyler has the skill to get him the puck in position to finish. I wouldn't mind seeing Roy or Timmy moved for a defenseman. Rivet and Monty as a pair screams trouble.

Fellas, help me out with Kennedy. I see a small player with limited abilities to help the team in the playoffs. Dont we generally agree that the team is too small and "not built for the playoffs?"

I think Gerbe and Ennis have way more potential than Kennedy. I dont think he's all that great and should not be considered part of the future core. No flames please. Just an opinion. If you like him, great. I think a roster bomb is in order and Kennedy does not strike me as anything beyond average and could be leveraged to get some more power up front.

I really like Kennedy. I think he has a nice combination of skill and grit. I think he will fill out some and be a third line fixture. He is the type of guy I could see becoming the captain someday.

Kennedy performed much much better when the injuries hit and he was forced to play with the offensive players instead of in a checking role. He was lost at center most of the year, and once that went away and he started playing with better talent, he took off. He did fine for his first year in the NHL.

Archived