Grier accepts Sabres qualifying offer

Pullup Champ

Grier accepts Sabres qualifying offer

Canadian Press

8/8/2005 12:11:15 PM

BUFFALO, N.Y. (CP) - Veteran forward Mike Grier has accepted a one-year, $1.4-million US qualifying offer from the Buffalo Sabres, the NHL club announced Monday.

Big fan of this guy...glad to see him stay with the Sabres!

I'm a big Grier fan. He adds some much needed punch to our forwards. I'd excited to see what him and Drury will be like together for an entire season. Aren't these guys great friends if I recall correctly?

A nice signing and its good to see the Sabres get their name mentioned on TSN for this very signing.So thats about all they have been reported on in the last week. Teppo and Grier are two useful pieces of the puzzle but really wish we had signed someone with a little more upside and excitement.Does anyone know how Season Tickets are going? I imagine they started off good upon announcement of the strike being ended but I wonder what is happening since the free asgency period started.

He was the same player that missed a wide open net from 5 feet out in a key

game during the strech run of thier last season.

That loss all but put them out.

But the sabres are in good shape now that Satan is gone. They got rid

of the player that lead them down that stretch when he went on a scoring streak.

I dont think they will be in a position for Grier or the rest of thier journeymen

players to missed any chance at the playoffs.

March 09,2004 Jakub Klepis to Washington for Mike Grier

I don't recall seeing him fight, he is a big presence in front of the goal,

Ala Dave Andreychuk....

Yep! Just like Andreychuk :-)

Andreychuk 634 goals

Grier 105 goals

Just like looking into a mirror.

Guest Guest
He was the same player that missed a wide open net from 5 feet out in a key

game during the strech run of thier last season.

That loss all but put them out.

But the sabres are in good shape now that Satan is gone. They got rid

of the player that lead them down that stretch when he went on a scoring streak.

I dont think they will be in a position for Grier or the rest of thier journeymen

players to missed any chance at the playoffs.

First of all, this is quite a fine display of grammar. I especially like the last non-sensical sentence.

But, if you're going to trash players, you might as well get your facts straight. Buffalo didn't lose that game, they tied it. Losing the point really had no effect on the team's playoff run. Had they won that game and then won out (which they didn't do), they would have had 90 points, which still wouldn't have gotten them in the playoffs. Anyway, your beloved Miro Satan had a grand total of ZERO shots on goal in 22 minutes of ice time that night.

What stretch did Satan lead the Sabres through last year? Getting a hat trick in a 7-1 game doesn't really mean much. The only time Satan went on a hot streak that resulted in him nearly carrying the team was very early in the season, basically October. I guess you'll have to inform us about that invisible stretch where Satan carried Buffalo toward a playoff birth. I do know that he had goalless droughts of 7, 7, 8, and 10 games scattered throughout the season. I know he had 1 goal in the last 10 games last season when they were desperate for points. I know that Mike Grier had as many points as our savior Miro Satan after he arrived from Washington in March.

Don't get me wrong, Satan had some great games...he did manage to score over a third of his total goals last season against Eastern Conference powerhouses Washington and Atlanta alone. What he didn't manage to do was score a single goal in 10 games against Montreal and the Islanders, the teams we were chasing. Of course Buffalo lost 7 of those 10 games...couldn't be Satan's fault, though.

If you want to trash the organization for not replacing him, that's fine. If you want to trash them for not at least getting a pick or a prospect for him, that's fine too. Buffalo went nowhere with him as their highest paid player, and you can't fault them for not paying him 4 million dollars a year long term when he only shows up against soft teams.

First of all, this is quite a fine display of grammar. I especially like the last non-sensical sentence.

you might as well get your facts straight.

well said! the entire post was very well put. I just had to quote you on these particular points as it appears this poster just posts to post and has no background or research to back up the posts.

Guest Too Afraid to type in a fake nam
The poster still didn't have the guts to log in at all.

I didn't log in because I'm too lazy to take the time to register. I don't really see how having a moniker or a posting name is somehow more noble...if I had registered a name and made that as my first post then never used the name again does it mean that I have guts?

It doesn't take guts to post on a message board, with or without logging in. But maybe next time I'll post my name, address, social security number and phone number so people can come hunt me down and beat my ass because they disagree with my hockey opinions. Maybe then I won't be considered a amongst the wide array of internet tough guys.

Deluca, that was funny! However, I didn't say he was a scorer,

I said he parks in front ... because he's hard to move was the

implication... just like Andreychuk...

Sorry... must finish thoughts...

Handicapper... "I would say beyond being gutless he is clueless"? Really?

Guest has had one of the more intelligent points on this board.

Your bet is on Atlanta? Who is going to be stopping the pucks this year?

They do have some playmakers, but if they constantly play with a pulled

goalie, it won't bode well for them.

Guest = :ph34r:

Guest Gutless Guest
Guest seems to imply that Atlanta is a pushover team.

I would say beyond being gutless he is clueless.

Atlanta is one of the teams I will be keying on in my wagers.

Buffalo too, but for completely different reasons.

Before you bet your studio apartment on the Atlanta Thrashers, I feel inclined to tell you that they're one of the only teams in the NHL worse off than the Sabres on the blue line. Bet the over, because they're going to lose a lot of 6-4 games.

Archived