2010 NHL Draft

Chief Enabler

I thought it was worth commenting on the future sizes of these kids coming out soon, they all seem huge now. Obvioulsy Myers has excelled in pretty much all aspects of development, credit mostly due to his own accord.

Moving forward I could see the Sabres drafting another defensive tower this year. Even if it takes a year understudy somewhere. Seeing Butler/Myers/Sekera progress for better and/or worse, seems to me that the coaching staff has a pretty good template for young defensemen. Also, the depth chart on D in the system seems alittle thin, especially when past picks start to fade away. I also could see the Sabres taking a young goalie to prune.

2010 draft prospects

Upon further thought, there is little scoring/skill depth at all forward positions(not just center) in the system as a whole. You have Ennis, Adam, maybe Kassian and ?? as potential top 6 forwards. You have a bunch of guys who are potential 3rd or 4th line players such as Schutz, Gogulla, Foligno, Tropp, etc...

Now compare that to what they have in terms of blueliners in addition to youngsters Myers, Sekera & Butler...

Weber

Brennan

Scheistel

McNabb

Biega

Crawford

Feinhage

Persson

Southorn

...and even Gragnani even though I don't believe he has a future as a blueliner in the NHL

They have so many blueliners, there is no way all of them will be signed by the Sabres.

The Sabres need skilled centers(preferably taller than 5'9") more than anything. They are stocked full of defensemen and in addition to Enroth, they have decent college prospects in Eidsness and Knapp.

Am I correct that if enroth is not the backup next year, he gets voted off? I was not impressed from all the hype. Like you said Eidsness and Knapp are "decent".

We're in the playoffs this year. Let the Leafs, Canes, etc., fans talk about draft picks in April. We've done enough of that in the last two years.

Move to postpone until we're eliminated or ...

:thumbsup:

I figured someone would bring "that" up. Chalk this thread up to the hockey gods........dreamer <_<

Am I correct that if enroth is not the backup next year, he gets voted off?

Yeah, I wouldn't consider him to be "in the system/a prospect" once he moves to the NHL. I guess I wouldn't have a problem with drafting another goalie in the 3rd round or later. Miller unless he becomes injury prone, is here for the next 4 year under contract and probably longer. Therefore, I don't see any need to be spending 1st or 2nd round picks on a goaltender.

Two players I absolutely love right now in this draft are Ryan Johansen and Brock Nelson. Nelson is "dropping" because he plays high school hockey.... teams tend to grade them lower then more ready prospects. I think Nelson and Johansen will be top 10 players to come out of this draft when it's all said and done, and both should fall past 20th.

The Sabres need skilled centers(preferably taller than 5'9") more than anything. They are stocked full of defensemen and in addition to Enroth, they have decent college prospects in Eidsness and Knapp.

Now your speaking my language. I noted this last year with the center depth for teams that made it into the finals. IMO this is the other area along with goalie that you cannot really just shove in another player and expect to be very successful. e.g move winger to play center

• 2 weeks later...

Archived