"Goose" or "Gander"

deluca67

you must have a wonderful sense of humor. what is so funny about seeing different amounts of nhl hockey games? odd

anyway, Gaustad has been great this season. Without his size and physical play, this team would be near under 500%. again, he is akey roll player. the need is to get him some help. You cant have ONLY ONE guy up front that will get after guys and act like a "burr under a horse saddle." another large center is mandatory. Kennedy sits. Kaleta will be back. A little grit on the defense for Sekara will balance it all out. your still dreaming for a 50 goal guy to arrive, right? now that is comedy.

So, you've only seen a handful of games?

When I see posts like this I literally laugh so hard it hurts. I know this as 100% true, if Paul Gaustad was European he would be getting far more heat for his play than he is getting now. His presence is felt on game nights as often as Kotalik's was.

you must have a wonderful sense of humor. what is so funny about seeing different amounts of nhl hockey games? odd

anyway, Gaustad has been great this season. Without his size and physical play, this team would be near under 500%. again, he is akey roll player. the need is to get him some help. You cant have ONLY ONE guy up front that will get after guys and act like a "burr under a horse saddle." another large center is mandatory. Kennedy sits. Kaleta will be back. A little grit on the defense for Sekara will balance it all out. your still dreaming for a 50 goal guy to arrive, right? now that is comedy.

It's really hard to take this seriously.

what is so hard about the statement suggesting Gaustad has been great this season? How can you refute a 7th round draft choice, who was tops in faceoff percentage, hits for his team and last cut for the American Olympic team? He is a leader in the room. he will be close to 20 goals this season. HE challenged Charra last night. That is pretty great for a 7th rounder.

BTW, you have another post on this site where you want gaustad to play center for ROY! huh? YOu cant have it both ways, Senior Labatt. Maybe you were just kidding when you wrote that you want your most consistant offensive player (ROY) to play wing for Gaustad -- a guy you find ungreat and worth giggling over with other posters (i.e., you giggle hand-in-hand with LoDuka about how ungreat he is)? So, how do you defend your flipflopping? I see you do this alot around here. People dont actually read your posts for valid information, do they? Your merly the guardian of the site right, with limited hockey knowledge? Please let me know. I assume the later.

It's really not that hard at all. Look at the name of the poster and then laugh as you read sentences like the one you bolded.

what is so hard about the statement suggesting Gaustad has been great this season? How can you refute a 7th round draft choice, who was tops in faceoff percentage, hits for his team and last cut for the American Olympic team? He is a leader in the room. he will be close to 20 goals this season. HE challenged Charra last night. That is pretty great for a 7th rounder.

BTW, you have another post on this site where you want gaustad to play center for ROY! huh? YOu cant have it both ways, Senior Labatt. Maybe you were just kidding when you wrote that you want your most consistant offensive player (ROY) to play wing for Gaustad -- a guy you find ungreat and worth giggling over with other posters (i.e., you giggle hand-in-hand with LoDuka about how ungreat he is)? So, how do you defend your flipflopping? I see you do this alot around here. People dont actually read your posts for valid information, do they? Your merly the guardian of the site right, with limited hockey knowledge? Please let me know. I assume the later.

So much to address, so little time. I will respond to this later tonight after I get home from work.

In the mean time, why don't you tell me more about how Kotalik and Mancari are impact players? Remember those posts? If not, do a search. :lol:

Sabres have a stable full of defensive prospects. Read this entire thread. They have three young guys on the big club and Weber ready to go 10-11. THat means there are two spots open. Persson has value RIGHT NOW. THe other defensive prospects are better fits (more physcial and play a north american type game) for the Sabres than him. Myers and Tallinder will most likely tandem for 3-4 more years. Persson is the odd man out.

Supply and demand. SAbres need a center BAD. THe Oil will have a nice fire sale.

Yes. I'm sure the Oilers would love a draft pick or prospect. So lets send something their way. Were not building for the future anymore. ###### a prospect or pick.

Lindy's edict makes a lot of sense considering the money the Sabres wasted on scrapping the bottom of the free agent barrel for every scrapper that would sign a contract. I remember reading the posts before the season on how tough this team was going to be. Yet, here they are as soft as ever. If it is a result of coaching? Where are the billboard guys?

Anyone who doubts at this point that it's Lindy keeping them from the rough stuff is beyond reasoning in my opinion.

Okay, back to my response...

1. Gaustad was picked in the 7th round? So what. He can't be criticized because of where he was drafted? :blink:

2. I can't say for sure, but are you stating that Gaustad leads the Sabres in hits? If so, you are wrong. Gaustad has 82 hits in 46 games good for 138th in the NHL...and 2nd on the Sabres. For a guy his size on a team that relys on him to be physical, these numbers aren't that impressive.

3. He was the last cut for the American Olympic team? Do you have a link for that? If the USA team loses a forward to injury between now and the break, Gaustad is getting the call?

4. He is a leader in the room? Nobody knows who is leading in the locker room except for Lindy and the other players. Before this season, Lindy wouldn't even give Gaustad an "A".

5. 20 goals? Seriously? He is on pace for 13 goals or so which would beat his previous career high of 12. I don't see Gaustad ever coming close to 20 goals unless something drastic changes in his offensive skill set.

Finally my suggestion of Roy playing on the wing, had nothing to do with Gaustad or Roy being good or bad and me flip flopping. Gaustad is a borderline 3rd line center better suited for the 4th line. My suggestion of Roy on the 3rd line was because a line of Ennis and Roy is way too small and I left the HCP line intact. Therefore in my example of Roy playing on the wing, that is where I put him.

Now get back to defending Kotalik and Mancari. How did that work out for you? ...and you question my hockey knowledge? :lol:

What do you mean by close to 20? He has 8 with just over 20 games left.

Paul finished #2 in hits last season. Lydman was #1. Paul player 20 less games than TOni. THis season, Paul is #2 behind Keleta, a professional hitter. These stats are all at NHL.com

Paul was the last cut for the Olympic team. Do some research, it is common knowledge that he barely lost out to Kesler and Ryan Malone. Plenty of links out there.

http://www.sportingnews.com/olympics/article/2010-01-08/olympic-standbys-no-shame-these-second-teams

Paul is an assistant captain. He challenged Charra, a guy with a blackbelt in karate and known to be a top 5 fighter in the league. Charra has a broken finger currently -- but to challenge him showed great pride and guts. THe things that lead to leadership in the room. Paul has been doing this since junior in the WHl , the AHL and now the national league. You dont appreciate or understand this.

Paul as a 7th rounder adn 200+ player taken has done a great job to be where he is. I would like to see a list of 7th rounders in the league that have scored 10 goals, are assistant captains, are Olympic considerations and lead or are second best in hits for their team. YOu will never find that Senior Labaatt. AS such, PAul has done a GREAT job to be where he is right now. the best 7ht rounder i know is henrik Zetterberg.

Kotalik is a bona fide 20 goal guy. Look at his stats. His size and shot are great for playoff hockey. Buffalo has been out of the playoff -- so you forgot his value. He will do excellent in Calgary. Mancari needs a chance. And I know you have been following Portland and he right there again (he leads the team in points AGAIN). Dont hate on a prospect with his size, age and work ethic. that is what you have done with paul.

Okay, back to my response...

1. Gaustad was picked in the 7th round? So what. He can't be criticized because of where he was drafted? :blink:

2. I can't say for sure, but are you stating that Gaustad leads the Sabres in hits? If so, you are wrong. Gaustad has 82 hits in 46 games good for 138th in the NHL...and 2nd on the Sabres. For a guy his size on a team that relys on him to be physical, these numbers aren't that impressive.

3. He was the last cut for the American Olympic team? Do you have a link for that? If the USA team loses a forward to injury between now and the break, Gaustad is getting the call?

4. He is a leader in the room? Nobody knows who is leading in the locker room except for Lindy and the other players. Before this season, Lindy wouldn't even give Gaustad an "A".

5. 20 goals? Seriously? He is on pace for 13 goals or so which would beat his previous career high of 12. I don't see Gaustad ever coming close to 20 goals unless something drastic changes in his offensive skill set.

Finally my suggestion of Roy playing on the wing, had nothing to do with Gaustad or Roy being good or bad and me flip flopping. Gaustad is a borderline 3rd line center better suited for the 4th line. My suggestion of Roy on the 3rd line was because a line of Ennis and Roy is way too small and I left the HCP line intact. Therefore in my example of Roy playing on the wing, that is where I put him.

Now get back to defending Kotalik and Mancari. How did that work out for you? ...and you question my hockey knowledge? :lol:

Paul finished #2 in hits last season. Lydman was #1. Paul player 20 less games than TOni. THis season, Paul is #2 behind Keleta, a professional hitter. These stats are all at NHL.com

Paul was the last cut for the Olympic team. Do some research, it is common knowledge that he barely lost out to Kesler and Ryan Malone. Plenty of links out there.

http://www.sportingnews.com/olympics/article/2010-01-08/olympic-standbys-no-shame-these-second-teams

Paul is an assistant captain. He challenged Charra, a guy with a blackbelt in karate and known to be a top 5 fighter in the league. Charra has a broken finger currently -- but to challenge him showed great pride and guts. THe things that lead to leadership in the room. Paul has been doing this since junior in the WHl , the AHL and now the national league. You dont appreciate or understand this.

Paul as a 7th rounder adn 200+ player taken has done a great job to be where he is. I would like to see a list of 7th rounders in the league that have scored 10 goals, are assistant captains, are Olympic considerations and lead or are second best in hits for their team. YOu will never find that Senior Labaatt. AS such, PAul has done a GREAT job to be where he is right now. the best 7ht rounder i know is henrik Zetterberg.

Kotalik is a bona fide 20 goal guy. Look at his stats. His size and shot are great for playoff hockey. Buffalo has been out of the playoff -- so you forgot his value. He will do excellent in Calgary. Mancari needs a chance. And I know you have been following Portland and he right there again (he leads the team in points AGAIN). Dont hate on a prospect with his size, age and work ethic. that is what you have done with paul.

I'm speechless. :lol:

If Gaustad plays the way he played last game EVERY night, he'd be my favorite Sabre. Under a different coach, he might do just that. Heck, under a coach that values meanspirited hockey from at least one guy on every line, I might have a FEW favorite Sabres, LOL.

Ahhh, alas, Lindy Puff hockey is here to stay, sadly, or at least until the GM with the girl's name gets canned.

He played well tonight and has played hard every game I have seen. He hits and drives the net. No one, IMO, plays harder on the team. YOu are wrong.

But they need to get another lumbering centerman. Ethan Moreau is your man. THey need more size for this run.

I totally agree with you - Gaustad plays a good game - he has NOT stood out as a mistake prone reason the Sabres are in a funk or for that matter throughout the season so far!

Methinks that some here are frustrated that we don't play a more hostile type of game! When NHL officiating enters into a determined quality control phase Sabres will be right there to take SC home! Did you hear me Bettman? In the meantime, NOT that we'll suffer NHL's mediocrity, we'll take perfection one play/shift/game at a time!!!

Go BUFFALO SABRES!!! Go USA!!!

I agree with you agreeing.

With the the two refs policing, etc, Gaustad plays are hostile as he can within the rules. IMO, he plays great and with some of the best effort on the club. A great majority of the posters on this site (the ones who giggle and use yellow smile faces as if they are 6th graders) seems to ignore his value and want to find fault in his game. For a 4th line center -- i see NONE.

I agree with you agreeing.

With the the two refs policing, etc, Gaustad plays are hostile as he can within the rules. IMO, he plays great and with some of the best effort on the club. A great majority of the posters on this site (the ones who giggle and use yellow smile faces as if they are 6th graders) seems to ignore his value and want to find fault in his game. For a 4th line center -- i see NONE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Archived