"Goose" or "Gander"

deluca67

Does anyone remember some guy named Paul Gaustad? He was a pretty solid Sabres prospect coming from the AHL ranks. He was mean, tough and played with a edge. He was projected to be the Sabres next real bada$$. What ever happened to him? Is he in the NHL? Does he play professional hockey? If anyone has a "Where Are They Now" on him please post it.

Odd choice of topic after tonight's game.

Not really. The Paul Gaustad that first came up with the Sabres doesn't exist. A flash here and there maybe. A consistence physical presence, not even close.

In another thread someone questioned if the Sabres should trade Kassian. Will not Kassian go through the same neutering procedure as Gaustad? Will Pat Kaleta?

Not really. The Paul Gaustad that first came up with the Sabres doesn't exist. A flash here and there maybe. A consistence physical presence, not even close.

Unless your point is that what you saw tonight reminded you of the old Goose, then the timing is odd. It would have made more sense after a game where he wasn't a physical presence.

In another thread someone questioned if the Sabres should trade Kassian. Will not Kassian go through the same neutering procedure as Gaustad? Will Pat Kaleta?

Paul Gaustad play his a$$ off every night. He works hard and gives 100% each night. Tonight, he brought on some good hits and offered to fight Chara. He is one of the most reliable people we have...check his face-off numbers! He is not a huge goal-scorer. He is not making 7 million. Why don't you make a post about the epic fail of Roy and Vanek.....Roy is a JOKE...a glorified joke. He gives more effort making commercials than he does playing. He should have made a commercial that explained he would give $1000 per giveaway instead of per goal...kids with diabetes would be getting MUCH more help! Vanek hasn't done much to rectify his huge paycheck. At least he is not making presumptious commercials though...

and goose and gander are the same thing. It's a poor attempt at a play off of the "goose for gander" idiom, no doubt done out of a lack of knowing what the actual phrase is. You know, like "all intensive purposes".

lmgtfy

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/What%27s+sauce+for+the+goose

I guess the question becomes, why are we talking about what tastes good on Paul Gaustad?

Did anybody watch the Boston feed? Their announcers were saying that Chara has a splint on his pinky and that if a player gets into a fight with any kind of device on their hands they are automatically thrown out of the game and could face a fine.

Sorry for getting off topic.:D

Did anybody watch the Boston feed? Their announcers were saying that Chara has a splint on his pinky and that if a player gets into a fight with any kind of device on their hands they are automatically thrown out of the game and could face a fine.

Sorry for getting off topic.:D

All the more reason for Goose to have just hauled off and wholloped him right in the nose. I mean hey, if yer gonna crosscheck people in the back, you better expect a punch in the mouth for it, is all I'm saying.

All the more reason for Goose to have just hauled off and wholloped him right in the nose. I mean hey, if yer gonna crosscheck people in the back, you better expect a punch in the mouth for it, is all I'm saying.

I believe goose was trying to make that point, egging him on. I would be sure that the Sabres knew about the pinky or "upper body injury". Perhaps thats why Lucic/Mair & Rivet/Thorton went and there was 65 hits combined or something. But I agree, if Chara is going to play that way and turtle, thats not too cool.

BTW, Edwards and Brickley were salivating about the Goose all night long about his play, etc.

Unless your point is that what you saw tonight reminded you of the old Goose, then the timing is odd. It would have made more sense after a game where he wasn't a physical presence.

+1. Gaustad definitely brought it last night. I agree that he's been too quiet in the last couple of weeks, but he had a very strong start to the season and I really liked his game last night.

DeLuca has clearly crossed over to the dark side.

and goose and gander are the same thing. It's a poor attempt at a play off of the "goose for gander" idiom, no doubt done out of a lack of knowing what the actual phrase is. You know, like "all intensive purposes".

lmgtfy

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/What%27s+sauce+for+the+goose

I guess the question becomes, why are we talking about what tastes good on Paul Gaustad?

Goose is the female and Gander the male. It's not that hard people.

I have a feeling I am going to be posting this a lot over the coming months...

The Lindy edict... Don't fight, you will cost the team a PP, and don't hit, you will take yourself out of position.

Lets see we are number one in league on penalty kill so we should not worry about taking a penalty for being physical. The problem right now is we do not play physical at all. Also how come other teams can keep PP control in our zone however when we are on power play more time is spent chasing the puck that got out and trying to get it back in and under control.??? This team as its currently playing is becoming difficult to watch it doesnt look like hockey at all.

+1. Gaustad definitely brought it last night. I agree that he's been too quiet in the last couple of weeks, but he had a very strong start to the season and I really liked his game last night.

DeLuca has clearly crossed over to the dark side.

I am so tired of hearing how hard someone plays. If they suck they suck. I'm also so tired of hearing how we outplayed the other team. If we lost we lost.

I'm also tired of hearing how are top six have to be our top six in order to win.

Tim Connolly, C 57 14 38 52

Jason Pominville, RW 57 15 26 41

Derek Roy, C 55 12 27 39

Thomas Vanek, LW 52 17 20 37

Tyler Myers, D 57 7 24 31

Drew Stafford, RW 53 14 14 28

Jochen Hecht, C 57 12 15 27

They are. That's the problem.

Lets see we are number one in league on penalty kill so we should not worry about taking a penalty for being physical. The problem right now is we do not play physical at all. Also how come other teams can keep PP control in our zone however when we are on power play more time is spent chasing the puck that got out and trying to get it back in and under control.??? This team as its currently playing is becoming difficult to watch it doesnt look like hockey at all.

Watching the Pens and Caps on Sunday really hit home as to how far away the Sabres really are.

He played well tonight and has played hard every game I have seen. He hits and drives the net. No one, IMO, plays harder on the team. YOu are wrong.

But they need to get another lumbering centerman. Ethan Moreau is your man. THey need more size for this run.

Does anyone remember some guy named Paul Gaustad? He was a pretty solid Sabres prospect coming from the AHL ranks. He was mean, tough and played with a edge. He was projected to be the Sabres next real bada$$. What ever happened to him? Is he in the NHL? Does he play professional hockey? If anyone has a "Where Are They Now" on him please post it.

He played well tonight and has played hard every game I have seen. He hits and drives the net. No one, IMO, plays harder on the team. YOu are wrong.

But they need to get another lumbering centerman. Ethan Moreau is your man. THey need more size for this run.

So, you've only seen a handful of games?

When I see posts like this I literally laugh so hard it hurts. I know this as 100% true, if Paul Gaustad was European he would be getting far more heat for his play than he is getting now. His presence is felt on game nights as often as Kotalik's was.

I have a feeling I am going to be posting this a lot over the coming months...

The Lindy edict... Don't fight, you will cost the team a PP, and don't hit, you will take yourself out of position.

Lindy's edict makes a lot of sense considering the money the Sabres wasted on scrapping the bottom of the free agent barrel for every scrapper that would sign a contract. I remember reading the posts before the season on how tough this team was going to be. Yet, here they are as soft as ever. If it is a result of coaching? Where are the billboard guys?

So, you've only seen a handful of games?

When I see posts like this I literally laugh so hard it hurts. I know this as 100% true, if Paul Gaustad was European he would be getting far more heat for his play than he is getting now. His presence is felt on game nights as often as Kotalik's was.

True. he certainly would! last night was the first game in a while i noticed he was playing. the sabres dont have a physically dominating player.

BUt their real need is scoring... if this losing streak hasnt highlighted that enough

Archived