Where's The Sabres.com Forum??

DannyGare18

We would like to be your primary outlet!

Look for a serious face lift to sabresreport.com. Hopefully, you will be able to find what you need in terms of Sabres news, team info, and fan interaction.

What happened to the message board at sabres.com? I guess we know now that Darcy Regier is the moderator over there. Thank goodness there's an outlet such as this for all us disgruntled Sabres fans! B-)

A good portion of the site is under construction so maybe it will be up soon. I remember when they were going to add a chat room. Over two years later it was still under construction, hopefully the web service they have now will move a bit faster to update the site.

A good portion of the site is under construction so maybe it will be up soon. I remember when they were going to add a chat room. Over two years later it was still under construction, hopefully the web service they have now will move a bit faster to update the site.

we will have a chat room very soon. It can hold an unlimited number of people...

Good things are coming our way - hang around!

we will have a chat room very soon. It can hold an unlimited number of people...

Good things are coming our way - hang around!

LOL I'm not going anywhere. I've been lurking around for a long time.

Just wanted to reply regarding the Sabres site.

We appreciate all your work, but I think many will still visit their site as well and would like to see more content. Doesn't mean folks will leave for the other I have to think many of us visit more then one place :)

Sabres want a bunch of blind mice following their team and spending their cash for whatever feces the sabres shovel at them.Ask no questions,voice no opinions just fork over your money and all will be fine.You don't like what were doing we will remove our message board,Lord knows we don't want the blind to be influenced by those that don't buy the $hit they are shoveling.Petty franchise run by petty people.Heaven help the sabres fans.How about guys like Drury and Briere who just wanted some help in the form of talented F/A's and are given Teppo??? They will be much happier when they leave and we are still trying to replace Hasek,Peca,Miro and Zhitnik!!! The new NHL??? Same old $hit here in Buffalo just a new day!!!

Chat rooms are no fun except during the hockey games.

But then again, if there's a game going on, why the hell are you in a chat room?

I don't think they're worth the effort. But power to ya!

Well, game time is why we woud have one. Not everyone gets the games, so it could be of use. The Bills chatroom gets used every week at game time and during the draft, so it serves it's purpose.

Sabres want a bunch of blind mice following their team and spending their cash for whatever feces the sabres shovel at them.Ask no questions,voice no opinions just fork over your money and all will be fine.You don't like what were doing we will remove our message board,Lord knows we don't want the blind to be influenced by those that don't buy the $hit they are shoveling.Petty franchise run by petty people.Heaven help the sabres fans.How about guys like Drury and Briere who just wanted some help in the form of talented F/A's and are given Teppo??? They will be much happier when they leave and we are still trying to replace Hasek,Peca,Miro and Zhitnik!!! The new NHL??? Same old $hit here in Buffalo just a new day!!!

You really need to chill and not take everything so personal. It is common knowledge the site is under construction. Don't flatter yourself into thinking the message boards were taken down because they didn't like your opinion. Palease!

You really need to chill and not take everything so personal. It is common knowledge the site is under construction. Don't flatter yourself into thinking the message boards were taken down because they didn't like your opinion. Palease!

Many pro teams have done this because of negative posts. The Miami Dolphins took down their boards because of this, so it is possible...

I have no idea why they would need to take down the boards to do construction elsewhere... Me thinks it is because of the complaints.

Many pro teams have done this because of negative posts. The Miami Dolphins took down their boards because of this, so it is possible...

I have no idea why they would need to take down the boards to do construction elsewhere... Me thinks it is because of the complaints.

It may be because of complaints I am not privy to that information. I do know a good portion of the site says under construction. The entire format has been changed recently and some areas are still being worked on. I can't answer for the programs as to why they are taking so long or why some areas are done and others are not, I can only say if they were not going to have a message board on the site why would they keep the link? It's not like they aren't working on it, just take it off.

Clarify for me.. negative posts or vulgar posts? There is a difference

Actually the official Sabres.com Message boards were hacked and defaced. I happened to have been rading it at the time it happened. all the threads started dissappearing one by one, then a message was displayed at my next refresh saying "hacked by Mr. T.M.A. sorry admin, game over.... etc." I was amused that the kid thought he was cool by doing it, but he basically exploited a known vulnerability that apparently the IT people for the sabres did not care to fix. Anyhow it was only a vulnerability with the message boards, not the server as a whole. I imagine they are either in the process of finding a different message board software, or don't care enough about it to fix it right now.

You silly rumour makers crack me up.

Actually the official Sabres.com Message boards were hacked and defaced. I happened to have been rading it at the time it happened. all the threads started dissappearing one by one, then a message was displayed at my next refresh saying "hacked by Mr. T.M.A. sorry admin, game over.... etc." I was amused that the kid thought he was cool by doing it, but he basically exploited a known vulnerability that apparently the IT people for the sabres did not care to fix. Anyhow it was only a vulnerability with the message boards, not the server as a whole. I imagine they are either in the process of finding a different message board software, or don't care enough about it to fix it right now.

You silly rumour makers crack me up.

did they use IPB?

Sorry but nothing the Sabres have done this week surprises me and as for supporting the Sabres in this time of inactivity well I just won't.Stand in line and fork over your money if it makes you feel good go for it. I won't do it is all I am saying they have done nothing to deserve my money or support.

no vbulletin .. I'm too lazy to look up what vulnerability it may have had, but that software is not the greatest.. I have never heard of the software this site uses before.

This board uses an older version which I plan on upgrading in the near future. Then the Bills and Sabres boards will be separate entities, but the membership database will be shared. So, there will be two sites, but one login name, password, PM's, etc... It will be nice. :)

Archived