"First game back"

PASabreFan

I think I may have been right for once...

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/16512-game-discussion-thread/page__view__findpost__p__185811

just one of the nails in Mac's coffin.

Good call. That was a serious breakdown in Vancouver. I didn't realize it was Mac but your analysis of the play sounds correct.

Does anybody really believe that what is put out for public consumption is what is said in the locker room? The leaders on this team no better. They know that they played alright on the trip but not good enough. They know what players need to step up. If they lose tonite it won't be because of some talk show fodder. It still amazes me how fairly intelligent people who should no better continue to treat ebbs and flows of a season as if they occurred in a vacuum. Every team in the league can pick out a specific segment of the season and say if only we did this or did that ....... It doesn't matter. Every game is influenced in some way by what happened earlier in the season. All that matters are the standings at the end of the year. They don't give rewards for winning 7 in a row in January or for having the best record from January through January.

Of course, if we didn't have posters picking apart every word or every play, it wouldn't be much of a message board.

Go back to your thing, I just had to rant a little.

My sentiments exactly.

Archived