My Christmas Wish

Hawk

This team is looking more and more like the team that lost to Dallas. Great goaltending, team defense, low scoring. Darcy ran Hasek off by his reluctance to get scoring help, to make the run for the cup. We need that superstar that can take over a game and help our ineffective powerplay. Defence only goes so far. Maybe miller cares more for his teammates than winning the Cup. But dammit Darcy for once in your life. get rid of this dead weight in our top two lines, and get Miller that 1 player to take take us to the promise land.

This team is looking more and more like the team that lost to Dallas. Great goaltending, team defense, low scoring. Darcy ran Hasek off by his reluctance to get scoring help, to make the run for the cup. We need that superstar that can take over a game and help our ineffective powerplay. Defence only goes so far. Maybe miller cares more for his teammates than winning the Cup. But dammit Darcy for once in your life. get rid of this dead weight in our top two lines, and get Miller that 1 player to take take us to the promise land.

I absolutely agree with this. But this system is exactly what Miller wants. He has said as much. Status quo is fine with him. This season has always been about numbers and making the Olympic team. We'll see how this fire burns in his belly after Vancouver.

Merry Christmas.

I absolutely agree with this. But this system is exactly what Miller wants. He has said as much. Status quo is fine with him. This season has always been about numbers and making the Olympic team. We'll see how this fire burns in his belly after Vancouver.

Merry Christmas.

I agree, but I don't think he'd say no to a pure goal scorer like a kovalchuk type player, as long as the system stays in place. This team is capable of getting to the conference finals, as long as Miller plays how he has been playing.

But the heat will be on Miller when our on and off offensive guys start gripping their sticks a little tighter when the Cup gets closer.

Whether it comes through trading up in the draft next year or picking up a young stud, we NEED to get ourselves a superstar. Vanek is a star, no doubt, but he is more of a total package player. We need someone who is a pure 35+ goal scorer and has the potential to put up 50.

We need our next Mogilny.

A player like that, with Miller, and with our system could = Dominance the next few years in Western New York.

I think Miller is thriving off of facing more shots. He looked good last year in stretches where he was being worked and I think he builds off of that. The problem for this team is scoring from our top lines, and I'm sure Miller wants that too. But I don't think he hates facing an abundance of shots from the outside. As long as our D keeps the shots easy, Miller will stay happy. We just need goalscoring.

Merry Christmas.

Full of holiday cheer, eh? Geez.

Merry Christmas.

The guy plays his balls off and this is what you come up with, your depressing PA............ :thumbdown:

The guy plays his balls off and this is what you come up with, your depressing PA............ :thumbdown:

Too bad Santa didn't leave you an apostrophe.

Darcy has said virtually the same thing, that the Sabres are benefitting from the fact that this is an Olympic year. It's the great unreported story. No member of the media has the gonads to touch it.

Darcy has said virtually the same thing, that the Sabres are benefitting from the fact that this is an Olympic year. It's the great unreported story. No member of the media has the gonads to touch it.

It may be the best year of Miller's career.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot. Darcy needs to pull the trigger now. Get this team over the hump and into cup contender material.

Darcy has said what, exactly? That Miller wants to make the Olympic team? That this desire has served as extra motivation? Holy mackarel! That is too hot for Vogl and Gleason to tackle! Call Jack Bauer!

That is really stretching what he said and you know it.

Darcy has said what, exactly? That Miller wants to make the Olympic team? That this desire has served as extra motivation? Holy mackarel! That is too hot for Vogl and Gleason to tackle! Call Jack Bauer!

If you don't know what Regier said, why comment?

The only motivation Miller should ever have needed was to get this team into the playoffs and win the Cup. The kind of season he is having is what we should have seen years ago. We all saw the promise in 05-06. I just find it very curious that he decides to find his game now. Great for the Sabres. And great for him. I've been the first to agree he's now elite. But I've also said I think a little less of him because of it. We'll see what happens after the Olympics.

The only motivation Miller should ever have needed was to get this team into the playoffs and win the Cup. The kind of season he is having is what we should have seen years ago. We all saw the promise in 05-06. I just find it very curious that he decides to find his game now. Great for the Sabres. And great for him. I've been the first to agree he's now elite. But I've also said I think a little less of him because of it. We'll see what happens after the Olympics.

I respect your opinions PA, but to infer that Miller has been holding back is ridiculous. Goalies as a rule usually dont find their game until they have been in the league for a few years.

I respect your opinions PA, but to infere that Miller has been holding back is ridiculous. Goalies as a rule usually dont find their game until they have been in the league for a few years.

Not holding back. Needing the motivation of the Olympics. I'll gladly eat crow if he stays elite through the end of the season.

Do you know what he said? If you do, how about a link? Or is this another "Vanek is being shopped" silly exercise in paranoid spinning?

Do you know what he said? If you do, how about a link? Or is this another "Vanek is being shopped" silly exercise in paranoid spinning?

I know exactly what he said. What this is, is another silly exercise in you admitting you don't follow the team that closely.

That is really stretching what he said and you know it.

Agreed.

To be factual, here is what Regier told Bettman on the Commish's radio show back in November. "I might argue we are getting some of the benefit of him looking forward to the Olympics. With the maturation process that goes with players, I think he's just entering his prime, which is older for goaltenders. At training camp, he was more locked in than I've ever seen him. I think part of that is him looking forward."

Every once in a while, people in sports speak the truth. I think in this case Regier was talking away from the local media and let his guard down. I see no reason to put the quote back through the food procesor and turn it into mush for local consumption. It is what it is.

in all honesty, they should shop vanek, Pomminstein and connoly...i dont care why miller is pulling off a superhuman season, the fact is he is, and we have him, and this is the best oppurtunity this team, and this city is ever going to see to bring home the cup so these 'tards up top need to get their heads out of their @$$ and do waht they know needs to be done!

Agreed.

To be factual, here is what Regier told Bettman on the Commish's radio show back in November. "I might argue we are getting some of the benefit of him looking forward to the Olympics. With the maturation process that goes with players, I think he's just entering his prime, which is older for goaltenders. At training camp, he was more locked in than I've ever seen him. I think part of that is him looking forward."

Every once in a while, people in sports speak the truth. I think in this case Regier was talking away from the local media and let his guard down. I see no reason to put the quote back through the food procesor and turn it into mush for local consumption. It is what it is.

LOL, that is nothing like how you spun it man PA............Cheers......... :beer:

I don't know if he could get out of his contract with Modo, but a healthy Peter Forsberg would be a sweet addition to this team in my opinion. According to this article he is healthy enough to play in the Olympics as well: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olyhockey/news/story?id=4773853

It's probably wishful thinking, especially considering the Flyers would probably be vying for his services at this point, but tis the season.

Archived