[OT] NHL 2k10 on Nintendo Wii

Chief Enabler

Just spent some time looking at NHL2k10, some say crap, some say good. Looks pretty fun to me; I only have experience on the normal EA NHL series. I just wasnt sure how the Wii would translate.

Anyone have it yet?

I do. I'm not much of a video game player, and I thought that the controls would be "dumbed down" to give the casual game experience that the Wii is known for. I'm sorry to say that there are too many button combinations to make the game enjoyable, at least for me. I'm not the type of player who's going to stick with a game for five or ten hours just to train myself how to play it. I love, for example, Tiger Woods Golf, which is easy to learn but difficult to master.

Just spent some time looking at NHL2k10, some say crap, some say good. Looks pretty fun to me; I only have experience on the normal EA NHL series. I just wasnt sure how the Wii would translate.

Anyone have it yet?

I rented the game around 2 weeks ago. It was ok, but is more comparable to NHL96 on Genesis vs. NHL2010 on Xbox. The controls are fun (push both forward to body check, shooting with the wii-mote) but the graphics are a little cartoonish. The two big drawbacks for me are the confusing menus and the fact they want you to buy another controller accessory to get the full motion effect.

i rented it and hated it, didn't like the controls and the menus sucked. editing lines was a pain and the game play was annoying as hell to get used to. I'm used to PS2/3 and EA NHL... so this sucked. I didn't mind the graphics, but I hated trying to learn all the controls, super complicated. the Wii has been a disappointment for sports games I like so far...

i rented it and hated it, didn't like the controls and the menus sucked. editing lines was a pain and the game play was annoying as hell to get used to. I'm used to PS2/3 and EA NHL... so this sucked. I didn't mind the graphics, but I hated trying to learn all the controls, super complicated. the Wii has been a disappointment for sports games I like so far...

Thanks for all the help, sounds like I will pass this year.

I do have Tiger Woods; and the consensus in the house is that it is too technical and not "fun". Seems like the simple sports games (i like bowling), the fit games and resort style games are just easier to transition into. Before I dive into disappointments for us, I just want to give the grandparents a shopping list to work of of!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Any other recommendations for Wii out there?, unless we sign up for an online service, we have no rental facility in our area.

I got the one last year, and unless there are MAJOR improvements, I would concur with the previous posters and say give it a miss. Graphics go from good to horrific, EVERY player looks identical, and the AI plays attack D the entire game, even when they're short.

As for a game to recommend, I really, really liked No More Heros. Unfortuntaly, it has tons of foul language, sex and it is ultra violent. So if you have kids around, definitely keep this one under wraps. Lots of fun...

Thanks for all the help, sounds like I will pass this year.

I do have Tiger Woods; and the consensus in the house is that it is too technical and not "fun". Seems like the simple sports games (i like bowling), the fit games and resort style games are just easier to transition into. Before I dive into disappointments for us, I just want to give the grandparents a shopping list to work of of!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Any other recommendations for Wii out there?, unless we sign up for an online service, we have no rental facility in our area.

MarioKart is the bomb if you like those types of games. I don't know anyone who doesn't like it.

Archived