Bye Bye Allison. Bye Bye Kariya.

Rabbit151

Wow. Taylor Pyatt. Now we can get off Regiers back, now that he's signed this crucial part of the Sabres team. Mind you, it is a one year deal, so even if a miracle happens and he scores goals, you may as well fit him with a Flyers jersey for next year.

Is Regier just a lousy GM? Kariya went for less than 2.5 mil a year. How on earth did he not grab Kariya? There wasn't even a rumor that the Sabres were after him. Kariya is gonna light it up this year. What a steal for Nashville.

REGIER AND THE SABRE MANAGEMENT IS TOTAL JOKE!!!!

Guest DaFan

Is Regier just a lousy GM? Kariya went for less than 2.5 mil a year. How on earth did he not grab Kariya? There wasn't even a rumor that the Sabres were after him. Kariya is gonna light it up this year. What a steal for Nashville.

I'm not sure where you get your information, but Kariya got a 2 year deal at $4.5 million.. and that is a year.

See

www.tsn.ca

yea.... damn.... allision would have been a real nice addition... but of course... he was in buffalo... and said "hey this doesn't look to bad" then he looked up north to toronto and said... "... there committed to winning" im going there... buh bye! <_<

You guys don't listen to the radio in the morning? Regier said he wasn't going to do anything and that maybe trade or two might be the next step.He seriously isn't going to do anything!!!! He is right and the rest of the league are assine boobs,he should have been fired long ago and hopefully he will be when renewals for their beloved tickets fall drastically.The only way Golisano will do anything is if the seats remain empty in that arena and the people of this area let the silence of those empty seats speak volumes.For goodness sakes Nashville has been active and they have some of the best hockey minds running their front office,not some Zamboni mechanic who comes on the cheap! Wait a minute I just thought of something!!!!! Golisano isn't going to do anything like that either he's got to find a way to remove Larry Quinn from his rectum,he's got bigger fish to fry right now!!!

Hmm, I just heard on the radio, here in western canada, that it was a 2yr. 4.5mil total, which is a steal. But, even at 4.5 per year, that is a good deal for Kariya.

Obviously I don't hear Buffalo radio, but I keep checking the net for signings by Buffalo, and there is just nothing. Are people in Buffalo putting any pressure on Regier and Golisano to do anything? What's the talk around town? Does anyone aside from those of you on this forum care?

Buffalo was primed with I think 9 players already signed at about 10 mil, to get some great players and still be comfortable with the cap.

I just don't understand how they are going to sell tickets to the folks in Buffalo with this kind of inactivity. Taylor freakin' Pyatt?! I hope his family lives near-by and buys about 1000 season tickets.

The real catches will be next summer. I'm willing to wait a couple years to see how things play out.

The 49ers were a dominant team in the 90's but didn't manage the cap very well and still have not recovered. The same can be said of a few other NFL teams.

Some NHL teams are in for some rough years when these signings catch up to them.

Why company line?

Do you disagree with my statements about the cap?

Besides, Allison hasn't played in what, about 3 years? Who would you like to see him take ice time from, Roy? At that price? And he may or may not play and if he does play he may or may not be productive? Thats just stupid.

And Kariya sucked ass playing with Selanne, Forsberg, Sakic, etc..... You think he's gonna come to Buffalo and tear up the ice? You'd rather pay him than see what Vanek can do? Not me.

Guest Ghost of LaFontaine

When the Sabres go after a coupld of special younger superstars next year and get their financial footing, you will see. Patience is the key for us, a franchise who is now getting financial security.

This has been and still is and always will be a frugal organization,what makes you think things will change?

The proof is right in front of you every day and this week has proven that point once again,you need to prove to fans you intend to compete.That getting to the playoffs is your goal.Not letting your best forward and defenseman go and getting nothing in return thats pure foolishness.Sabres fans are more than tolerant but this will be the straw that broke the camels back.

You seem to think that we still have the same ownership as before, but we don't.

Why doesn't everyone find out what the PLAN IS and let the Sabres get back into being a viable franchise before you proclaim its doom... a little premature IMO.

You seem to think that we still have the same ownership as before, but we don't.

Why doesn't everyone find out what the PLAN IS and let the Sabres get back into being a viable franchise before you proclaim its doom... a little premature IMO.

I tend to agree here. Keeping in mind Tom pulled the team out of bankruptcy. I surely don't know the plan, but he has taken steps by lowering the ticket prices. Have you really looked at the cost?? I am not ready to condemn them all just yet. Though no one wants to hear 'rebuild',,,,,,

With that said, I do think this is the year both Darcy and Lindy will have to show something to stay. I know this is the last year of Lindy's contract, but can't recall what is left on Darcy's. Anyone?

Read Regier's responses to questions from fans... in his response, he ADDRESSES in frank terms the extent of the free agency period next season as compared to this one. I think it perfectly drives home my point above... I feel great about the not too distant future for this team!!!

When the Sabres go after a coupld of special younger superstars next year and get their financial footing, you will see. Patience is the key for us, a franchise who is now getting financial security.

You are assuming that these young superstars are going to be available next season. There's no gurantte that there will be a crop of young superstars available for signing next season. First off, the respective teams may resign them or trade them so they get something in return. Secondly, with the way this organization has been run as of late, why would they want to come here? The Sabres have shown nothing to exhibit a desire to win. While teams are signing players, the owner is talking about revamping the uniform back to the old style as if thats a problem with this team. Is this team and some of it's fan base that stuck in the past? Did it never move on after the end of the French Connection?

Guest hamster
I'm not sure where you get your information, but Kariya got a 2 year deal at $4.5 million.. and that is a year.

See

www.tsn.ca

have you graduated high-school? can you do any math at all??

See

www.tsn.ca

have you graduated high-school? can you do any math at all??

The post said he went for less the 2.5 million. My response was he got a 2 year deal at 4.5 million a year. Now you do the math and let me know if you figure out the answer. Then try some reading comprehensive classes. When you have things in order post again. :) If you need another source for his salary try www.nhlpa.com it clearly states what he is getting

The post said he went for less the 2.5 million.  My response was he got a 2 year deal at 4.5 million a year.  Now you do the math and let me know if you figure out the answer.  Then try some reading comprehensive classes.  When you have things in order post again.  :)   If you need another source for his salary try www.nhlpa.com it clearly states what he is getting

Even at 4.5 a year it's not bad.

They are going to be paying Connolly, Pyatt and Teppo over 4 million and getting far less production then want Kariya would provide.

And explain this?

How is Teppo the third highest paid Sabre? 2 million a year. You can't sign Zhitnik at 4 but you can give an over the hill scub 2 million and Connolly another million? How is Regier considered "a good hockey man?"(which the media contends) He has never built a playoff team.

Even at 4.5 a year it's not bad.

They are going to be paying Connolly, Pyatt and Teppo over 4 million and getting far less production then want Kariya would provide.

And explain this?

How is Teppo the third highest paid Sabre? 2 million a year. You can't sign Zhitnik at 4 but you can give an over the hill scub 2 million and Connolly another million? How is Regier considered "a good hockey man?"(which the media contends) He has never built a playoff team.

I never said it was bad, I simply corrected the contract details and then got blasted for not being able to add, when in fact I added just fine.

If you want the details of why or what is being done send a letter to Darcy. No one here has any idea as to why they are doing what they are doing,,, or not doing.

Archived