NHL Centre Ice

repster

Just looked at the schedule on cable in the US and in Canada. Neither is listing the game against the Predators on the 10th. There's no home broadcast in Nashville - the feed would have to be from MSG, but it's not listed. The schedule is only for the first week on inDEMAND, but in Canada on Cogeco, the schedule is up for the month and games against the Thrashers on the 17th and the Lightning on the 24th are also not listed and there is no broadcast going back to Atlanta on FSS or coming from SUN in Tampa, so again NHLCI would have to be picking up the MSG telecast - but they are not listed as being shown. The game against the Coyotes on Oct 8th is being listed as coming from the FSAZ feed which is unusual since last year it was always the home team that had their feed shown. I'm hoping this is just a glitch and maybe the Sabres got their schedule late to the NHLCI people, but I know the Coyotes were later in releasing theirs so this really has me worried that we could miss some games and maybe never hear RJ and Harry this year. Anyone know anything about this issue?

I just went on direcTV.com after calling them and complaining the NHL Center Ice schedule was not on the website a week into the season.

First, the 2008-09 schedule is on the site..wtf?

Second, after entering my local zip code and accessing the 2009-10 schedule, the Sabres/Coyotes game shows as blacked out in the Buffalo area?

Between incompetent NHL schedule makers, the Versus/DirecTV dispute and consistently screwed up broadcasts, it's a wonder the NHL finds a way to survive.

I love hockey, it is absolutely beautiful. The problem is the NHL is and always will be a garage league run by blockheads.

I just went on direcTV.com after calling them and complaining the NHL Center Ice schedule was not on the website a week into the season.

Second, after entering my local zip code and accessing the 2009-10 schedule, the Sabres/Coyotes game shows as blacked out in the Buffalo area?

Between incompetent NHL schedule makers, the Versus/DirecTV dispute and consistently screwed up broadcasts, it's a wonder the NHL finds a way to survive.

I love hockey, it is absolutely beautiful. The problem is the NHL is and always will be a garage league run by blockheads.

My new sig.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with this one. Are you in the Buffalo area? All local games are blacked out on center ice. Every league does that. They don't want to take viewers away from the the local broadcast.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with this one. Are you in the Buffalo area? All local games are blacked out on center ice. Every league does that. They don't want to take viewers away from the the local broadcast.

I'm in the Buffalo area. I've had NHL CI for 4 years now & the schedule should show the local broadcast...638-1 or another MSG hi def feed as well as showing the Center Ice blacked out channels. I'm sure the game will be televised locally in HD, but why does the NHL CI schedule not reflect that?

I generally print the NHL CI schedule for each month of the season to find multiple games to view nightly.

I'm in the Buffalo area. I've had NHL CI for 4 years now & the schedule should show the local broadcast...638-1 or another MSG hi def feed as well as showing the Center Ice blacked out channels. I'm sure the game will be televised locally in HD, but why does the NHL CI schedule not reflect that?

I generally print the NHL CI schedule for each month of the season to find multiple games to view nightly.

Ok, I guess I was just thrown off by the comments later, taking a shot at the NHL for this. The errors in the center ice listings sound like more of a provider error than an NHL one.

If you live in the Buffalo viewing area, the game will not be on the channels dedicated to CI. The game will be on whatever channel MSG is. All Sabres games will be blacked out in the Buffalo area on CI. Since I live in the Capitals area, all the Capitals games are blacked out on Center Ice (and NHL Network) but I can watch them on the local Comcast DC station.

As far as the Nashville game Oct 10th, it shows up on the InDemand website but a channel is not assigned to it. I sent an email to InDemand asking why they are not showing the game even though a feed is available. I have not recieved an answer yet. I suggest others who have Center Ice and live outside the Buffalo viewing area do the same. Maybe if enough people complain, they will show the game.

iNDEMAND has the games against Tampa and Atlanta listed with channels on the 17th and 24th now. The game against Nashville is on a channel for me up here north of the border on cable, so I would assume it should get on somewhere especially if there are dual feeds being shown for some games. You might just have to check the channels - touch and go if you want to DVR it though.

No idea why but the CI schedule on Cost in NH is totally screwed up. Some games listed on two different channels, some games listed on the wrong day, some games not listed at all. The Sabres season opener was shown on a channel that was listed as "no game" in the program guide. WTF is going on?

PTR

Archived