MSG network

Larry Playfair

Does anyone have any idea what MSG plans on doing re: televising sabres games? I have directv, and loved empire b/c i didnt have to subscribe to the hockey package, I just watched the sabres replay every night on empire. Im in LA, so it was on at 9pm pst. Perfect.

But what are the new plans now that MSG is going to be carrying the games? what about conflicts with the rangers games?

Or will I have to get the puck package?

What is the plan for televising games locally in the buff?

Psyched to be a part of the new sabres message board.

I don't know about televising games in the buff, I do watch a number of games in the buff. I used to watch a lot of the Sabre games, like you, on the Empire repeat, not the live game.

It'll be fun to watch the Sabres this year, provided you're cheering for whoever they're playing. They just got Teppo Numminen. He'll be the QB of the PP. It's still not really a man advantage though, he needs the other defenseman to push him around the ice seeing as he is so old.

I understand Regier is looking at picking up Holzinger, Grosek and Woolley. They all played in the Cup of 99. I think Dixon Ward and Jason Dawe are ready to go too. I understand Derek Plante just recently learned how to skate backwards.

Heck, Steve Shields is ready to play goal!!

Guest DaFan
Does anyone have any idea what MSG plans on doing re: televising sabres games? I have directv, and loved empire b/c i didnt have to subscribe to the hockey package, I just watched the sabres replay every night on empire. Im in LA, so it was on at 9pm pst. Perfect.

But what are the new plans now that MSG is going to be carrying the games? what about conflicts with the rangers games?

It's been reported that 75 games will be on MSG. If there is a conflict with the Mets or the Rangers the Sabres game will still be shown in Buffalo. Not sure what will happen in Rochester or Syracuse in case of a conflict.

Guest B Papa in C-town

I live in Cleveland so I missed all of this, especially since they took Empire away from my cable last season.... what does this mean for Rick Jeanerette (sp)? He's half the reason to watch...

I live in Cleveland so I missed all of this, especially since they took Empire away from my cable last season.... what does this mean for Rick Jeanerette (sp)? He's half the reason to watch...

He will still be here along with Jimbo!

Comcast has made a bid to televise games this season.

www.tsn.ca

i may just have to get the puck package.

There's nothing like watching 2 games on a Saturday afternoon, a break for dinner and some "age-appropriate beverages," and then you catch the east/early and then the west/late games in their entirety on Hockey Night in Canada.

I can't promise your wife will like it (mine would rather watch HGTV), but I bet you'd love it (I do).

There's nothing like watching 2 games on a Saturday afternoon, a break for dinner and some "age-appropriate beverages," and then you catch the east/early and then the west/late games in their entirety on Hockey Night in Canada. 

I can't promise your wife will like it (mine would rather watch HGTV), but I bet you'd love it (I do).

I've had Dish Network for several years now, but evidently they are still negotiating with MSG over the Sabres games - right now, the only guaranteed coverage is on DirecTV or cable, so I'm weighing my options -- couple of questions:

1) If I get the hockey package, am I guaranteed to get the Sabres feed every game, or will I have to give up RJ for some lifeless, ignorant, excuse for an announcer?

2) If I take the cable route, do any of the Adelphia packages include CBC for HNIC? I could swear that it used to be included, but I looked on their website and didn't see it listed as an avaialble local channel.

Any insights would be appreciated

Guest BuffaloDynamite
I've had Dish Network for several years now, but evidently they are still negotiating with MSG over the Sabres games - right now, the only guaranteed coverage is on DirecTV or cable, so I'm weighing my options -- couple of questions:

1) If I get the hockey package, am I guaranteed to get the Sabres feed every game, or will I have to give up RJ for some lifeless, ignorant, excuse for an announcer?

2) If I take the cable route, do any of the Adelphia packages include CBC for HNIC? I could swear that it used to be included, but I looked on their website and didn't see it listed as an avaialble local channel.

Any insights would be appreciated

Ya, i'm in the same boat. Dish better listen up. I just started with them and other than a way cheaper price, it's not that great.

I'm curious, for you Sabre fans in southern Ontario, can you not get Sabre games by buying the NHL Centre-Ice package?

Out here in Saskatchewan I'll be watching all NHL games with that package.

I may even take my kids to see the Sabres and Oilers in Edmon-chuck in mid-January. I thought I'd never go see an NHL game again with all this past years nonsense, but I think they might have their house in order.

It'll be interesting to see if the NHL gets back to an exciting product. I'm ight in the heart of hockey country, and I couldn't even watch the sport the last few years. It was utter garbage. The percentages for teams winning games when leading after 1 period were astonishingly high. And to lose a game after leading after 2 periods almost never happened.

If a team was down 2-0 midway through the 1st period, they were prettymuch done. There was no point in even watching the rest of the game. Especially NJ.

"Sabres dump it in. Brodeur dumps it out. Sabres dump it in. Brodeur dumps it out."

I saw a game, back in 84 or 85 I think, during the hey-day of offense. Sabre vs. Oilers in Edmonton. You can check my accuracy in the archives, but I believe it was 5-0 for the Sabres at one point, and they lost 6-5. I wasn't happy, but it was a heck of a game.

I saw a game, back in 84 or 85 I think, during the hey-day of offense. Sabre vs. Oilers in Edmonton. You can check my accuracy in the archives, but I believe it was 5-0 for the Sabres at one point, and they lost 6-5. I wasn't happy, but it was a heck of a game.

I'm only 24 but I remember that game vividly, I think it was Calgary however. That game must have been in between 87 and 89, I don't think I'd remember it if it was when I was a wee five years old.

I was sooo pissed back then, thus securing my place as a bitter Buffalo fan for life.

You may be right about the year. I remember driving with my friends all the way to Edmonton in the coldest weather we get. It had to be -30c, and our car had no heat!!

We were wrapped in blankets and jackets with the radio blasting and no sleep. It was definitely Edmonton, but perhaps it was 86 or 87.

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that they had another game with a similar lead, and lost it - perhaps to Calgary. I lived in Calgary from about 86 - 92, the Flames were a 'hot' team then. I re-call a few debacles for the Sabres during that time in the Saddledome.

Archived