Errors on the Stanley Cup article, video & interactive

Chief Enabler

I just read that the original Stanley Cup (the bowl) is in a vault in Toronto. I never knew that. I am somehow crestfallen.

I thought it was on display at the Hall? They made the new one in the early 60's and didn't tell anyone for a few years.

Tidbit: it weighs 32 pounds and with the way they take off rings your name would be on it for 60 years before your ring gets removed.

Who are the only mother yes mother and son combo on Lord Stanley's Cup? Clue is it happened in the same year.

JFGI

Twelve women have had their names engraved on the Stanley Cup. The Senior Director of Hockey Administration Charlotte Grahame's name was added in 2001 when the Colorado Avalanche won. (Charlotte's son John later had his name engraved as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning, making them the only mother-son combination to win the Stanley Cup.)

I thought it was on display at the Hall? They made the new one in the early 60's and didn't tell anyone for a few years.

Tidbit: it weighs 32 pounds and with the way they take off rings your name would be on it for 60 years before your ring gets removed.

TWIM. It's on display in a vault in Toronto at the HOF. It's in the vault, baby. Not sure how something in a vault can be on "display," but that's what the HOF site says. I'm sticking to my story.

TWIM. It's on display in a vault in Toronto at the HOF. It's in the vault, baby. Not sure how something in a vault can be on "display," but that's what the HOF site says. I'm sticking to my story.

I am so proud of you!

Archived