The Music Thread

darksabre

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For?

I actually may have spoke to soon. I don't think they have been announced yet, but he is up for a nomination (whatever that means) for engineering Der Rosenkavalier (opera with the New York Met).

Still pretty cool.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 5

Felt like a good day for folk music. So here's two bands I know personally:

Oliver Hazard is from my hometown (Perrysburg, Oliver Hazard Perry is who it's named after). Might do some art for them someday. No clue. 

And our good friends from Utica, the Old Main. The videos they have out and spotify don't do them justice- if you ever get a chance to see them live, they're fantastic. Really energetic. Nash usually stands on his bass and goes into the audience- they play all kinds of stuff from original to covers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, josie said:

Felt like a good day for folk music. So here's two bands I know personally:

Oliver Hazard is from my hometown (Perrysburg, Oliver Hazard Perry is who it's named after). Might do some art for them someday. No clue. 

And our good friends from Utica, the Old Main. The videos they have out and spotify don't do them justice- if you ever get a chance to see them live, they're fantastic. Really energetic. Nash usually stands on his bass and goes into the audience- they play all kinds of stuff from original to covers. 

Good reco's - thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ... said:

So, my band just released our second LP today.  You can listen to (and buy) the whole thing here: https://spacelordband.bandcamp.com/album/indecipher

Here is the video single:

Cool... what's your role in the band?

Listened to a few songs on the site.  I'll need to go back and listen on better speakers than what I am on now.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, LTS said:

Cool... what's your role in the band?

Listened to a few songs on the site.  I'll need to go back and listen on better speakers than what I am on now.

Thanks.  I'm the guitar player, write the music, record and produce everything.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, Weave said:

Very Black Keyes.  Like it alot.

Thanks!  Haven't been compared to the Keys yet.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:00 PM, SwampD said:

Really good singer. Reminds me of Paul Rodgers. 

He gets that comparison regularly.  He's fabulous in my opinion and I'm lucky to have found him.

Edited by ...

Normally when people link their music from YouTube I cringe because it's from some obscure corner of the bowels of the fifth dimension of the website and it sucks big time.  Like I wanna punch drywall suckitude.  This was not that.  It was really good.  Looking forward to giving more of your music a spin when I get the chance.  Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I think I still want to punch drywall just because of the boxing video.  Stick and move!

Edited by Indabuff
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ... said:

Thanks.  I the guitar player, write the music, record and produce everything.

He gets that comparison regularly.  He's fabulous in my opinion and I'm lucky to have found him.

Cool.  It was an interesting recording and sound mix.  I still haven't listened on better speakers yet. The reason I say that is that in my PC there are parts where it seems like there's some depth of sound that's not showing through, but these crappy speakers might not be doing the best job at pulling the sound through.  The mix seems a bit spartan and I imagine that on a cleaner setup those isolated sounds will come through better.

I hope to give it a listen later.

Good stuff.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:06 PM, ... said:

Thanks.  I the guitar player, write the music, record and produce everything.

Digging your record. I'll be buying the Vinyl.

On a similar note, if anyone is in North Jersey on December 8th, come see my band. It'll be fun.

https://www.facebook.com/events/910792992444253/

https://www.facebook.com/beforethecalmband/

• Thanks (+1) 1