The Music Thread

darksabre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Mark is great and such a unique style ...

One of my favourites.  

It was definitely a cutting edge song for its time.

Now, with all of the bravo sierra I’ve dealt with lately with hardly anyone living in reality, this tune sums up some of my frustrations:

10 hours ago, FogBat said:

Now, with all of the bravo sierra I’ve dealt with lately with hardly anyone living in reality, this tune sums up some of my frustrations:

I know you are, but I would have never pegged you as a 'death metal' fan.  Cool.

=====

Sultans of Swing is one of my all time favourites.

Few may know that Mark's brother Dave played rythem quitar in the early days, including on Sultans.  

The lyrics are great and really quite funny in places if one knows the background of the band ... they are from Scotland. 

*way on down south, way on down south ... London town*

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FogBat said:

Love this song and it's a blast to play on the drums.  We used to cover it for fun, but I don't think we ever played it out.

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Most of you probably don't know much about Nick Cave, and a few of you probably know who the Flaming Lips are but I suspect most of you don't like them, BUT, the kid girl singing this, Nell Smith, is 14 years old ! which just blows my mind and I love it. 

Flaming Lips is a great band and they always put on a good show.   I highly recommend watching their documentary The Fearless Freaks if you haven't seen it already.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I know you are, but I would have never pegged you as a 'death metal' fan.  Cool.

Not all metal. Some of it shows brilliant musicianship and artistry, and some of it shows that some people have zero talent. (Even William Hung could do better than some of them.) Having said that, I look at bands like Origin and marvel at the speed and precision of their music.

As an aside, I’d love to be able to share videos from the YouTube channel The Little Death, but I know that the lyrics are NSFW (and I don’t think the bosses here would appreciate that). She does R&B renditions of death metal songs, which just absolutely make me howl with laughter.

I actually commented on one of her videos a while back on how she can keep a straight face while doing this. She said she can’t. It takes her several tries until she gets it right to her satisfaction.

Edited by FogBat
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...