The Music Thread

darksabre

Right now, I can't get "hoo-rah, hoo-rah, hoo-rah yea!" out of my head and I'm very happy about it.

Ha ha lol x 2

Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Hoo Raa yea! It is a very catchy tag or hook and not likely to grow old like some other teams anthem. (Chicago,Ottawa) I am very keen to see what comes of it. I vote YEA. Hoo Rah Yea!

Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Hooh Rah yea...Over the fields with the swords of a a thousand men!

It means something doesnt it?

The Pittsburgh theme going on here really make me hesitate to post this some songs just hit a spot in you and this one did it to me recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

I think cruising down Estero Blvd in Ft. Myers beach, driving my Solstice with the top down, jamming this song might have been what captured the moment. :thumbsup:

i'm so sorry for this, but it's entirely responsive to the thread title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

i love my children more than words can express. but will i ever forgive the older girls for introducing me to this ear-worm-abomination? i'm not sure.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

At least the people in the Helsinki Complaints Choir could sing.

This is totally random and probably does not even belong in this thread, but I'll give it a shot anyway. What's the song that they've been playing at HSBC with under a minute left and the game is pretty much in hand? It's a song that everyone in the stands seems to sing as well and it gets really loud. It sounds like some big band Frank Sinatra type song or Christmas jingle. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm curious to know.

This is totally random and probably does not even belong in this thread, but I'll give it a shot anyway. What's the song that they've been playing at HSBC with under a minute left and the game is pretty much in hand? It's a song that everyone in the stands seems to sing as well and it gets really loud. It sounds like some big band Frank Sinatra type song or Christmas jingle. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm curious to know.

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond

Wow, not a very good song, but it sounds good over the TV when the game is in hand in the third period with under a minute left.

As a Red Sox fan and obviously Sabres fan, I was less than thrilled when they started playing that song at the arena. Get your own damn song!

If I remember right, the Sweet Caroline thing at HSBC has been around for a while. This isn't something new.

It's still way more ghey than that 1000 swords song, Dwight's favorite ghey battle hymn.

...Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Your IP address has been traced, and 3 fellas from Chicago will be arriving at your home shortly to rectify the situation you just created.

It's still way more ghey than that 1000 swords song, Dwight's favorite ghey battle hymn.

...Not that there's anything wrong with that.

People who hate Sweet Caroline lead sad, hollow lives. Let yourself be free! Sing Neil Diamond like your heart yearns to do!

People who hate Sweet Caroline lead sad, hollow lives. Let yourself be free! Sing Neil Diamond like your heart yearns to do!

I've been involved twice in my life, a protest where we refused to play a song. Achy Breaky Heart, and Sweet Caroline. The second was my doing. The first was classic because the lead trumpet just quit the show when the band leader called it out. I covered it for him, but was laughing so hard I almlost cried.

I don't know where he is now, but I'm sure his head exploded when Miley hit the scene.

i've had this riff rattling around in my brain for literally 25 years not knowing what song it was or who sang it. when i was 10 years old, it ruled my world. i heard the last wordless 15 seconds or so on a columbus, oh radio station in october of '97 (that's how bad i've wanted to figure out who it was..i can pinpoint it's occurrence in my lifetime), but the dj never indicated the title or artist. a couple of weeks ago, it came to me again in the shower, and a few days later, it got played on a station here in boise, idaho! i was shocked, but was able to scribble down some words, look it up, and it's been stuck in my psyche ever since...and now i share it with you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHoPYLQvnQM