The Music Thread

darksabre

I would napalm a rainforest if I could after listening to that!

Seriously! The first time i heard it I thought it was the most amature drivel I'd ever heard. Crummy reverb on the vox, cheesiest drum machine I've ever heard.. then at the end.. "Hi, I'm Mike Love" Holy carp! This guy is a freekin' Beach Boy. How the mighty have fallen. A long way from those big summer gigs at the Rock Pile.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJbJAjM5Ho

Seriously, can't get it out of my head now.

EDIT: I *KNEW* I had heard that song before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKUGROEGAX0

The album version on Loch'd and Loaded is obviously a lot cleaner.

Some rockers should really just leave their shirts on.

I do like the song more and more every time I hear it, though.

I admit that hardly anyone here likes classical music (It's amazing that WNED-FM is still in business notwithstanding after all these years). Granted, I've heard better performances of this piece from other orchestral groups. However, this piece alone stirs up certain emotions in me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kjvB1lzZyk

There are so many great song clips in this thread that I really would not want to get out of my head, but for anyone with young kids "Elmo's Song" has got to be the worst thing for any parent to find stuck in their head. I can't get on this computer without my daughter chanting one of the few words she knows "Elmo".

I swear she can watch the same Elmo clips for months...and months

You find yourself at work with your buds and catch yourself humming "la-la-lala...la-la-lala" and you slap yourself before anyone else does. :blush:

Yep.

There are so many great song clips in this thread that I really would not want to get out of my head, but for anyone with young kids "Elmo's Song" has got to be the worst thing for any parent to find stuck in their head. I can't get on this computer without my daughter chanting one of the few words she knows "Elmo".

I swear she can watch the same Elmo clips for months...and months

You find yourself at work with your buds and catch yourself humming "la-la-lala...la-la-lala" and you slap yourself before anyone else does. :blush:

Yep.

You better get your gag reflex going, because I'm sure this will bring back memories of when you were younger. :sick:

That is bizarre. Can't. Stop. Watching.

It may be bizarre, but you have to admit that it was very creative on their part. Most of those very same things they said could be said over here as well (with a few word substitutions).

It may be bizarre, but you have to admit that it was very creative on their part. Most of those very same things they said could be said over here as well (with a few word substitutions).

Haha agreed. Someone need to make a SabreSpace version. Where are our musically-talented posters at?

i'm so sorry for this, but it's entirely responsive to the thread title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

i love my children more than words can express. but will i ever forgive the older girls for introducing me to this ear-worm-abomination? i'm not sure.

oof. I listen to a lot of kid-pop and that is as bad as it gets.

• Like (+1) 1