The Music Thread

darksabre

20 hours ago, ubkev said:

My son blasting emo rap while he showers. Holy *****, Juice WRLD was terrible.

So now I've got the house shaking as I crank Wu. Yep, I'm a child and an old man at the exact same time!

Funny how the world changes.  My parents would have passed out were I to blast Wu as a teenager.  

I'd react the same as you did: "Come here Son, turn that weak stuff off and enter the 36 Chambers..."

• Like (+1) 1

Not quite sure why, but I'm just not into music anymore.

As a kid/teenage, I was just as much as anyone else.  Didn't drive a single mile in a car without something playing, anytime hanging out where I could I played something.

Now, I just don't do it anymore.  Background music is OK, but half the time in a vehicle I have nothing on at all, and I don't care for basically anything new (other than background music sometime) and the old stuff I used to like I'm not into either.   I know, different than most people here, but thats the way it has become for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy's been around a bit, I've heard. And it looks like he's about to be everywhere. For good reason. His new album is excellent. As much as anything, I love a musical artist with a sense of place, a sense of their home, where they're from, what it feels, sounds, smells like to be from there, to be of there. Noah Kahan is a special talent. This song is a sparkler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Transformer Day. 50 years ago on November 8, 1972, Lou Reed's Transformer album was released. I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with most of the songs on the album. Some are good, some not so much, but Reed's most famous song, "Walk on the Wild Side" is on this album. If you're not familiar with that song, here it is.

Here's a link to the Rolling Stone review of the album:  https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/transformer-89126/

And if you want to hear the whole album, here's a Youtube playlist: 

All links: Parental Discretion Advised.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dino had a few drinks before this performance.

I don’t think his dart was lit, no smoke.

Dino always had a few pops before every performance.

Many times he held a drink in one hand and an ever present smoke in the other ... always lit.  I do believe the one in this video is lit.  No one cared back then.