The Music Thread

darksabre

On 10/20/2020 at 12:16 AM, BagBoy said:

State Trooper....

One of my favorite bands ever! Saw them several years back when they toured with Bayside (another all time fave) and again a few years later at the Gramarcy Theater in NYC. That last gig there may have been only 100 people who showed up which made me lose faith in humanity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:26 AM, MODO Hockey said:

I'll continue on the New Retro music which imo is awesome, takes us back to "Miami vice" era.. this song on high volume gives me goosebumps!

I am a big fan of this genre. To the extent that I like to dabble in music production under the name CHIP LIGHTING. This is one from a few years ago with some extra added vocals from a session singer.

In other news did you hear gunships cover of Eleanor Rigby? Cracking 

• 1 month later...

So after several years of problematic turntable operation, I figured out why my right channel was horsed up:  The stylus was bent.  Somehow some of the audio from the left channel was getting into the right channel but not the full spectrum of sound.  I swapped out with an old stylus I had laying around and it sounds great again.

Now playing:  Out of the Blue by Electric Light Orchestra

134814123_3517636721618526_8477620957300

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

I launched a podcast last week with a couple buddies about what it's like behind the scenes in playing in local bands and working as a cook.  So far it's mostly been music-based stories. 

Besides the intro I'm just working behind the scenes, which is awesome because my son is doing all the video editing.  It's still pretty raw since we've never done this before but you should get a couple laughs out of it.  I didn't realize how crazy we actually were until we started doing this...

New episodes every Wednesday.  Once the season starts up there will be definitely be some hockey stories on deck.

• 3 weeks later...

New Wave Bluegrass

Hi guys.  So I've been on a pretty big blues and bluegrass kick over the last two years and I've started to discover some really good younger bands that shred.  Billy Strings and Marcus King are two of my favorite right now, which has lead me to start to diving into Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats.  Any other recommendations for newer bluegrass that shreds and isn't too "twangy?"  

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...