The Music Thread

darksabre

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

Let me tell you, that was one slick and smooth presentation.   There may have been twenty homes, 40 performers, and an orchestra, all at different places.  it was seamless.   Kudos!   I listen to The Met on Sirius and attend a couple of The Met HDs in local theaters.  I am no poser.  It takes work to know and enjoy.  Unlike 200 years ago, it’s probably not for the masses.  It is beautiful, however.   I read the history and the libretto for weeks in preparation.  I download the opera and listen a few times.  Nice work to your brother.

Tomorrow’s his first day off on a couple of weeks, and when you work from home they are long days. Think I’ll call him and have a virtual boozy brunch.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:45 PM, ubkev said:

I got more new ear buds. Towards the end of February I had to replace some old wireless earbuds(corded together). I picked up a cheap pair of Taotronics Sound Liberty 79 from Amazon. They are pretty ok. The sound is clean with pretty crisp mids and highs. Especially crisp for $40 ear buds. Trouble is they aren't loud enough for me and my right ear doesn't seem to want to accept holding onto the ear bud. 

For my birthday my wife got me some Raycon buds. LOUD!! And the bass really thumps. I'm getting as much bass out of these as my son gets out of his PowerBeats Pro buds. The mids and highs aren't muddled like the reviews said they would be either. So I can go from my 80s and 90s rap to metal, thrash and old country and they all sound pretty darn good. And they lock into my ears very snuggly.

Good buds, good battery life, tiny charge case. Would recommend.

I have just started looking at the raycons. did you get the e25 or e55? One of the things holding me back from getting them was the reviews saying the bass overpowered everything else.

9 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

I have just started looking at the raycons. did you get the e25 or e55? One of the things holding me back from getting them was the reviews saying the bass overpowered everything else.

I've come to realize that people hear things differently. And I've always had my headphones cranked to 11, ever since I was little, so my ears may be f***ed beyond belief. But I don't think the bass overpowers everything else. It's not like when your 17 and your dumbass friend puts two 15's in his Pontiac Sunfire and doesn't upgrade the stock speakers. 

So anyway. I think they're worth it. I got the e25. They should give you a promo code for 15% off as soon as you go to the web site. 

23 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I've come to realize that people hear things differently. And I've always had my headphones cranked to 11, ever since I was little, so my ears may be f***ed beyond belief. But I don't think the bass overpowers everything else. It's not like when your 17 and your dumbass friend puts two 15's in his Pontiac Sunfire and doesn't upgrade the stock speakers. 

So anyway. I think they're worth it. I got the e25. They should give you a promo code for 15% off as soon as you go to the web site. 

TY for info... I need a need a new pair too.

Got to post this one for the young guys who have never heard it and the old guys who haven't heard it in a while.  You have to feel good after hearing this song and it also has a Top 20 guitar solo of all time.  Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/1/2020 at 9:28 AM, Crosschecking said:

Has anyone seen this yet? The perspective is amazing! 

The funny thing is, technically, as a drummer, Neil was just,… okay. I mean it. Most halfway decent jazz drummers could play what he played reletivly easily (actually with a lot less effort). But that wasn't what made him special. It was his composition. He didn't jus play his drum parts. He wrote them. He taught drummers that their instrument was just as deep and complex as the others, maybe more so.

EDIT: I actually think that's true of all three of those guys.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That was terrible.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:22 AM, Indabuff said:

Wow, that really sounds like guttural from a male vocalist.  TBH, more impressive than Arch Enemy. 

Those change-ups are actually quite impressive.

Then there’s this Iranian expat doing a Cannibal Corpse cover: 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I actually think the cookie monster singing is pretty silly. I like the more progginess of Jinjer's music, though, and, she can really sing as well.

Cookie monster.  Never heard it called that.  Funny.

Guttural lyrics is where my interest in metal fades pretty quickly.  I've pretty much ignored Jinjer for that reason.  That, and the obvious "look, we're awesome because we've got a hot chic fronting the band" marketing.