The Music Thread

darksabre

51 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think you see our stuff before I do.

Last one showed up on my youtube feed so it showed up because of my preferences.  

Im following your band on facebook so I saw this one when it was posted.

Now I’m on to watching a 2016 Rammstein show at MSG on Amazon.  God, I can’t wait for their US tour.  What a ***** show that is going to be.  I need to be there.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SwampD said:

As the kids say these days, our single just dropped (At least, I think that’s what they say.)

Hope you like it.

Remind me again which instrument you are on?  This is really good by the way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LTS said:

Remind me again which instrument you are on?  This is really good by the way.

@SwampD is on bass.  His brother is on drums and then there's the other guy.

They are very talented and I like the sound.  Seems like a mix of Yes, a little King Crimson and a bit of later day Rush all mixed up nicely.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I think it's his brother on drums ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 10:05 AM, Sabel79 said:

@New Scotland (NS)

My sister sent me this for no reason whatsoever today.  I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I did... 

CBD21EB5-55BE-40CD-8292-88BF8F860D27.jpeg

OMG, I sing that to myself whenever I see that menu item. Good to know someone else's mind works like mine.

I may have posted this before, but this and Kawaii metal is just so hard to wrap my mind around.

Edited by MattPie

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 9:05 AM, Sabel79 said:

@New Scotland (NS)

My sister sent me this for no reason whatsoever today.  I know you’ll enjoy it as much as I did... 

CBD21EB5-55BE-40CD-8292-88BF8F860D27.jpeg

Did you ever notice the "electronic watch alarm" riff of Dixie in the background of this song?

Edited by Doohickie

I know I'm showing my age, but how are Boston, Foreigner, Kansas and Styx not in the Rock n' Roll HOF.

Same era bands like  ELO, Cheap Trick,  Journey, Rush, Steve Miller and the Cars are???   

Edited by Tondas

Cheap Trick is HOF?  That surprises me.  They were an average garage band that had a monster album recorded live in Japan.  Nothing more to see there?

Out of your list, Boston, Foreigner, Kansas and Styx, I think only Kansas rates HOF level.  Boston moved the dial a bit, but quickly devolved into pop schlock.  Same with Foreigner.  Styx was a favorite band from that time (and I saw them live), but they sound so dated now; definitely not timeless.  Kansas to me was one of the Prog Rock Giants.  Great concept albums, complex music that was still approachable, socially relevant lyrics.  I don't think those other three consistently rose to that level.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Cheap Trick is HOF?  That surprises me.  They were an average garage band that had a monster album recorded live in Japan.  Nothing more to see there?

Out of your list, Boston, Foreigner, Kansas and Styx, I think only Kansas rates HOF level.  Boston moved the dial a bit, but quickly devolved into pop schlock.  Same with Foreigner.  Styx was a favorite band from that time (and I saw them live), but they sound so dated now; definitely not timeless.  Kansas to me was one of the Prog Rock Giants.  Great concept albums, complex music that was still approachable, socially relevant lyrics.  I don't think those other three consistently rose to that level.

Maybe not.  But take a look at the bands/artists that are in the HOF.  ELO, Steve Miller, The Cars, Dire Straits, Heart, Joan Jett, Traffic, The Talking Heads.  And Pat Benetar is going in this year.  I can't believe they are all in and the ones I listed are not of that same quality/popularity/schlock.

Edited by Tondas

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I could see the case for all them to be in the HOF, but still not Boston, Foreigner or Styx.

Joan Jett and Pat Benetar are probably the weakest musically but deserve a spot because of their contributions to the industry as women.

I'm going to throw this "wild card" out there.

I'm not a diehard Cannibal Corpse fan, but shouldn't they be in the RRHOF? They are legends in their field.