The Music Thread

darksabre

On 9/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, That Aud Smell said:

In other news, these guys are right in my wheelhouse. Loud, jangly, smart, lyrical, Irish.

Funny - I just heard of these guys a few days ago.  

You might like Mark E. Smith and the Fall.  English, but otherwise they fit the Loud, jangly, smart, lyrical part.  They didn't actually write this song (cover of a 60's garage tune), but it is so them...

Edited by BagBoy

9 hours ago, BagBoy said:

Funny - I just heard of these guys a few days ago.  

You might like Mark E. Smith and the Fall.  English, but otherwise they fit the Loud, jangly, smart, lyrical part.  They didn't actually write this song (cover of a 60's garage tune), but it is so them...

Image result for disgusted gif reaction

Ha. jk - i will give a listen.

Fontaines DC definitely have debts to English punk/new wave sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Image result for disgusted gif reaction

Ha. jk - i will give a listen.

Fontaines DC definitely have debts to English punk/new wave sounds.

I love Lavel.  Funny dude.  

Back to the music. I've gone down a deep Static X rabbit hole and I'm pissed Wayne isn't with us anymore. Guy was seriously talented. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

I love Lavel.  Funny dude.  

Back to the music. I've gone down a deep Static X rabbit hole and I'm pissed Wayne isn't with us anymore. Guy was seriously talented. 

I loved Static X. What a sound that was. When I think of the late 90s/early 2000s I think of them, KMFDM, Fear Factory, and Pitchshifter.

Got to see the Black Keys again this last weekend. 

I saw them about 8 years ago and their performance has changed quite a bit- it was a very time-machine-to-the-60s/70s and we're taking you to church feel. I didn't really want to get up and jump around like the first time I saw them- I was enjoying just vibing out. The energy was good. I think Dan and Pat are the musicians they've been working towards being, and it shows in their live sets. They played their newer stuff, a lot of big classics, and a few off their first couple albums which are my favorites. 

Modest Mouse opened. I loved them throughout middle and high school. I gotta say, I was disappointed- I don't think they're cut out for a huge echo-y arena (Little Caesars Arena in Detroit). He cut the rest of the band and stuck to just drums and banjo and it sounded great- but with full band it was just a lot of noise. Bummer. 

First opener was Jessy Wilson- check her out, very good singer. Bluesy soul rock. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

How is YouTube Music any different from Youtube?  Is it just a filter that shows only music videos?

There are no videos, just straight up music.  You can play whole albums straight through.  You can mix and match a play list.  It's pretty awesome, if you just want music on while you are working, or whatever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...