The Music Thread

darksabre

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Good lord. That's good stuff. I have to admit, I found myself thinking about how much you guys must have to practice to get that all together and then keep it that way. 

Crimson for sure. Genesis, I'm less sure (although they did have some stuff like this).

Thanks. I really appreciate it. And yes, we practice a lot, separately and together. 

And luckily you don’t know the tune, because there was plenty that I didn’t keep together.??

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Thanks. I really appreciate it. And yes, we practice a lot, separately and together. 

And luckily you don’t know the tune, because there was plenty that I didn’t keep together.??

Definitely regretting not being able to make that show.

• Like (+1) 1

Saw them in The Aud.  Opened for Bob Seger.   They were so new.  The ticket read “Cars”, not “The Cars.”

”Bob Seger with Cars”.   I’m not sure why thats such a powerful memory.

Oh, what a night ... my deep rock roots about to go all New Wave.

• Like (+1) 2

The year is 1993: ubkev got a CD player for his 8th bday. The super youngins won't understand this but this is what we had to do 25 years ago...

Got my BMG subscription. 15 CDs for the price of 1. I give my mom 15 bucks and I tear off 16 stamps( were the stamps Columbia House or BMG?) AC/DC live, Eddie Money - The Sound of Money, Scorpion's greatest hits, Wreckx-n-Effect - Hard or Smooth, Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction, The Cars - Greatest Hits...

I was 8 years old in the early 90s and I cared about The Cars greatest hits album( my brothers are 10.5 and 6.5 years older than me). Loved it! Soooooooo many hits! Toe tappers! Sing alongs! 

RIP Ric Ocasek!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Saw Eddie Money a couple of times, once in Vegas years ago with some friends and on the waterfront in Alexandria during their Summerfest....   loved The Cars..., damn ubkev you are young... I was like 8 years old in 1972...

Yes I am young....and I will be forever!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Apparently the Black Keys are in the Westboro baptist churches crosshairs because both Dan Auerbach and Pat Carney are divorced. Heathens. 

That's it? With so many other reasons for a band to be on their bad list divorced band members is it? This is one of the many reasons why we should not take those nutbars seriously. 

• Like (+1) 2