The Music Thread

darksabre

Helluva day for celebs. Ted Lindsay passed, Luke Perry passed moments ago, and Keith Flint took his own life. 

I've been a huge Prodigy fan my whole life. The band just put out a song entitled "We Live Forever" all of 3 days ago... ***** sad. 

Edited by josie
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, josie said:

Helluva day for celebs. Ted Lindsay passed, Luke Perry passed moments ago, and Keith Flint took his own life. 

I've been a huge Prodigy fan my whole life. The band just put out a song entitled "We Live Forever" all of 3 days ago... ***** sad. 

Anytime that I hear about someone taking their own life it's very sad.  I have no idea who he is, but that makes no difference.

On another note ... I hope you and dark are doing OK, if not well.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

My wife and I (pre-marriage) used to dance to this in all the best clubs in Old Montreal.

Vince Clarke is a synthetic musical genius, who went on to some fame and fortune in Erasure.  All that with no instruments.

Alison Moyet can really belt it out.

Awesome place to be...my paternal family is from Montreal circa 1720...tracked them all the way back to Normandy, France circa 1500.

Emilie Tavernier Gamelin, the founder of Sisters of Providence, was the niece of my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather Antoine Tavernier...

My last name in Montreal’s phone takes up quite a few pages...all from one man, Julien Tavernier Sans Petie...prolific little bugger...

....and yes, the famed traveler Jean Baptiste Tavernier is linked as well. He was the sibling of an even greater grandfather. Sorry. Can’t find my notes to look up his name. The nerd in me has the Montreal lineage memorized...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Matt!!

You monkey.  Why did you send this vital information in March?  Why not in November?  (in my best whiny / teary voice) ... why??  why??  

Oh!!  The humanity!!

Why, do you have something else going on this month? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I took a swing and covered some Bob Seger, love this song, and it was fun to play. 

I can’t sress this enough, turn your phone horizontal when shooting a video. There is a psychoacoustic effect where you wil actually sound better .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I can’t sress this enough, turn your phone horizontal when shooting a video. There is a psychoacoustic effect where you wil actually sound better .

Well, then you'll see the dead bodies hanging if I go panorama. 

But, noted, I did not know this fact 

46 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was a pretty good rendition, though. Nice work.

When we gonna hear an original? With all the stuff you’ve seen around the world, no way you don’t have some.

This is one of Shannon’s last performances...the song is about Susan Smith who strapped her two sons into their car seats and pushed them into a lake in South Carolina in the summer of ‘94. She claimed a black man stole her car with the kids in it but in reality, she killed them to pursue a relationship with a doctor that didn’t want children...these boys haunted Shannon’s thoughts to the point of writing this...it’s creepy and haunting...

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

It was a pretty good rendition, though. Nice work.

When we gonna hear an original? With all the stuff you’ve seen around the world, no way you don’t have some.

Ask and you shall receive, this is one I wrote during a particularly bad time in my life, we've all been there I'm sure. This song may have saved me from doing something stupid back in the day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just hang them above you rather than next to you and they will remain out of frame.  A friend told me about that.  ?

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ask and you shall receive, this is one I wrote during a particularly bad time in my life, we've all been there I'm sure. This song may have saved me from doing something stupid back in the day. 

I firmly believe that many of your God given talents are wasted in medicine, but many others are not.  Does that make any sense atol?

You are exude passion in everything that you do.  Music, medicine (especially your aid missions) +++++ ... all of it.

41 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I firmly believe that many of your God given talents are wasted in medicine, but many others are not.  Does that make any sense atol?

You are exude passion in everything that you do.  Music, medicine (especially your aid missions) +++++ ... all of it.

Thanks NS, I appreciate the kind sentiments. 

I feel that even at 34 with all I've done, I still feel as if I haven't found it yet, if that makes sense. 

One day it'll come to me I hope ?

• Like (+1) 1

Daughter stole my old albums and picked up a turntable...... last night we listened to some music over pizza and beers...... fun night.

Edgar Winter Group - They only come out at night.

Doobie Bros. - Best of

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Huey Lewis & the News - Sports

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping

Kansas - Leftoverture

• Like (+1) 1

Edgar Winter Group is fantastic.

I've seen a ton of metal bands in concert.  The one band that inflicted actual pain in my ears was Edgar Winter Group circa 1997 or so.  Saw them play at Gateway Park in Tonawanda.  Edgar Winter hit a note on the saxaphone that caused physical pain.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My forteen year old took up guitar this year after getng bored with piano and trumpet.  Really has taken to it and it seems to help him when he gets down on himself. Nothing like writing verse, Im not a very good guitarist mch better keyboardist... but yeh music helps calm my soul.

TY enjoyed your work.

Edited by North Buffalo

57 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

My forteen year old took up guitar this year after getng bored with piano and trumpet.  Really has taken to it and it seems to help him when he gets down on himself. Nothing like writing verse, Im not a very good guitarist mch better keyboardist... but yeh music helps calm my soul.

TY enjoyed your work.

Thanks a lot. 

Music and riding my motorcycle are the 2 big things that seems to help me through funks, traveling too, but sometimes when you're stuck in your head, a long airplane ride isn't the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...