The Music Thread

darksabre

This the halfway point. His mental illness/drug addiction where taking over. He and his ex/fiancé where in deep. This is two years before their mtv unplugged performance and he’d been in exile pretty much since this album. His ex/fiancé died of an overdose the year of the mtv gig.

His work with Mad Season was brief...and awesome. His old friend  Mike McCready(Pearl Jam) talked him into singing on their album. He went in to record a couple singles with AIC in ‘98, which is the year of his final public appearance. 

On April 19, 2002 his accountant contacted a former manager to tell her that Layne hadn’t made his regular withdrawal from the bank in two weeks. He was found on his couch. They identified him through dental records.

Shameless self promotion alert.

I make a range of music in several differing genres. Recently I took part in a "long form ambient music" project where each contributor had to make a track with a minimum length of 25minutes! The resulting album is about 35 hours long!

http://lcrp.bandcamp.com/album/postcards-from-slow-places

Edited by steveoath
And it's a free download on bandcamp :-)
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I make a range of music in several differing genres. Recently I took part in a "long form ambient music" project where each contributor had to make a track with a minimum length of 25minutes! The resulting album is about 35 hours long!

You joined Pink Floyd?  Cool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, steveoath said:

How many episodes of Hearts of Space will they need to play the full project?  ?

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Thanks for the intro to them.  Never heard of them before, but I've been to Frankenmuth, MI, where they're from.

Wait, have you posted about them before?  Playing some of their stuff on Youtube and it sure sounds familiar.

Cuz they sound like Zeppelin?

And they've been getting air time.

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Thanks for the intro to them.  Never heard of them before, but I've been to Frankenmuth, MI, where they're from.

Wait, have you posted about them before?  Playing some of their stuff on Youtube and it sure sounds familiar.

They’re new to me...I had heard this song on the radio and Shazamed them... I usually watch SNL but missed this performance somehow...

On 2/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, SwampD said:

Not sure what to think about them.

Well I’ve made up my mind....these boys are insanely talented. I get the Led Zeppelin connection but there’s so much more. I hear twinges of Ann Wilson, Perry Ferrell and Shannon Hoon in that voice...someone  else too..can’t place it...These kids come anywhere close and I’m there...