IF the Leafs deal for #1 Overall Islanders

Chief Enabler

There has been a few stories floating around; but just for giggles in the vein of Lindros & Eli Manning. What would take if you were the Islanders?

Me? Leafs seventh overall this year, Leafs first 2010 for starters and at least 2 more picks in the first 3 rounds or a 3-way for a player NYI would covet. Now, understanding that the Leafs have no players tradeable or that you would want and the Islanders are dumb enough to sign Gaborik to 10 years (under the perception is reality catagory). I wouldnt be surprised myself, to see something happen.

Tavares as an, Islander? :blink: If I were him, I'd pull an Eli.

If I'm the Islanders, I'd tell them this and next year's first, and Dave Hanson's son! :thumbsup:

Serious side note: signing that kid alone makes me wish that we had Brian Burke as our GM.

I am of the opinion that the first overall is abit of a curse to begin with. The expectations are too much, let the Leafs have their fun and sign Tavares. He will not make the difference, especially if they mortgage. But, it would be fun to watch. :blush:

I am of the opinion that the first overall is abit of a curse to begin with. The expectations are too much, let the Leafs have their fun and sign Tavares. He will not make the difference, especially if they mortgage. But, it would be fun to watch. :blush:

It is if you draft Daigle over Pronger....... :beer:

By "this kid" I was actually referring to 6'4" 228 lbs Christian Hanson. :D

Archived