Future considerations

Assquatch

Guest DaFan
In a trade, when a team gives "future considerations"? What does that mean?

"Los Angeles Kings - Acquired forward Jeremy Roenick and a third round pick from the Philadelphia Flyers for future considerations."

Kind of like a 'bag of pucks'. Maybe Darcy is waiting for the teams to blow their load and have to dump to get back under the cap. Just maybe?????

Who out of the guys that got offers actually excepted at this point? I've heard nothing. We have a lot of them sitting there with offers and nothing has been inked as far as I know.

Guest DaFan
Who out of the guys that got offers actually excepted at this point? I've heard nothing. We have a lot of them sitting there with offers and nothing has been inked as far as I know.

Ok, I will answer this myself as I just read Pyatt signed. Only like 12 more to go.............

Remember that Detroit still owes us future considerations for Hasek, and Hasek won them the Cup.

actually i was told a while back that there was a condition in the trade contract that said that hasek had to win the cup in his first year and then repeat in his second year with detroit to get us the 1st round pick... well hasek retired for a year or pulled his groin or something hasek like. (You know him...) any way bottom line is we gave him up for just about nothing... slava kozlov didn't exactly pan out did he...

EDIT: Not sure on that information... i just remeber reading it... don't flame...

Archived