Here's who's left

Barnabov

Crossing players off the FA list which was on the Buffalo News web site. here is my short list of "decent" players left unsigned:

Who do you all think we should be interested in? I agree that we have a lot of good players already but same as forever, a scoring winger and top 4 D-man could be used....

Forwards:

Peter Bondra

Paul Kariya

John LeClair

Alexander Mogilny

Ziggy Palffy

Yanic Perreault (not as prolific a scorer but younger and top face off center)

Teemu Selanne (why no interest in him or Kariya? - one bad year in Colorado I guess)

Ray Whitney (shaky)

Scott Young (streaky)

Defense:

Roman Hamrlik (really the only good one left)

Marcus Ragnarsson

Glen Wesley

All the other players are pretty much SPAM as are the available goalies, except maybe Khabibulin and I don't see us making that financial committment. A guy like Ron Tugnutt might be a good veteran but I see us moving only 1 of our 3 guys and then not until after training camp.

OK - send your replies in - only signing Teppo is killing me - I'm not gettting any work done Darcy waiting for news!!!

Hamrlik is the only guy I want to see.

Possibly LeClair if he came at the right price. I think the year off should have healed his injuries and we dont really have a power foward that will stand in front of the net.

IF Bondra could stay healthy he's probably the best of the bunch. I don't see Mogilny returning but he still can put the puck in the net. Palffy's like Bondra that injuries have cost him playing time but is younger and someone I'd consider, as mentioned in another thread. Teemu was at his best when he and Kariya were in Anaheim maybe if could package them together but of course Colorado tried that and it didn't work for them. LeClair is over the hill and with the new rules focusing on skating the need for a power forward not as high as it used to be.

Guest IKnowPhysics

A cheaper Kariya would entirely change the face of this team, as a renewed offense with him, Briere, and Hecht in it could strike fear into opponents.

Bondra's got a good Buffalo work ethic, and could fit in the current "work hard" team image.

Hamrlik's gone, and Rafalski's signed, so now the Sabres' Department of Defense may have to wait for a trade.

Guest brihs2005
Hamrlik is the only guy I want to see.

Give me Ziggy and i will be ecstatic... the guy can just put up numbers like nobodies business.

I agree with the guy who said Leclair, if at the right price. One year deal, cheap, show us what you got left, and then Philly will pay you big next year if you score 40. I think Selanne is done for good. Kariya is a guy they should offer 3.5 to 4 mil for. He is not done, he will kick butt on a first line and pp unit. if it is affordable, package Kariya with Mogilny. I would way rather see Mogilny than Selanne or Palffy.

I still like Cujo, again, like Leclair, if he comes cheap with something to prove.

As far as defense, I guess Hamrlik is the best option. I sure would have liked to see an effort at some of the free-agent D who are now gone.

Give me Ziggy and i will be ecstatic... the guy can just put up numbers like nobodies business.

Absolutely...in NHL 2006 with injurues turned off....

I agree with you if he is healthy..but he cannot be depended on at this point in his career.

Id like to see Alexander the Great come back "home".

Archived