What do you think about...

Rabbit151

Our goalies are a joke. Miller might be good one day. Not this year. Cujo excels when he faces a lot of shots, which this team will give up. Kariya will excel as a 1st line player and 1st line PP guy. Hamrlik gives some credibility to the defense.

The Sabres can afford all these guys.

If Regiers plan is to save cap room for next years UFA's, his plan is flawed. Players want to go to a team where they feel they can win, especially guys who already have made millions. Why do you think Philly is so attractive to players?

If the Sabres go through another sad-sack season, they won't be able to convince any of these super-stars to play there. Screw the cap anyways, next year Philly will be right back in the hunt for whoever they want by trading away a big contract.

How 'bout if Buffalo gets with the program. Players choosing Buffalo over the likes of Philly is kinda like an NFL player choosing Arizona over the Raiders. It ain't gonna happen.

We did this once before when we traded a good goal scorer in Dave Andreychuk plus a #1 draft choice to Toronto for a swollen and ineffective Grant Fuhr. The answer was on our bench the whole time in Dominik Hasek,it took an injury to find out what we even had.The only keeper that has been given repeated chances to play has been the inconsistent Martin Biron and both Noronen and Miller need steady chances to show if they indeed can carry a team.

By obtaining the worn out Cujo you stunt the opportunity to find out what both Noronen and Miller are capable of,find out what you have on the bench and see if your scouts indeed know what their doing.If you trade anyone send Biron to Hollywood and get a servicable Aaron Miller to play defense for your team that is sorely lacking in that department.Biron will be perfect in L. A. he can look for microphones and camera's all day long and talk till the oceans run dry.

I have always felt on the ice Kariya was another Pat LaFontaine but not as much of a leader. That said I'd love to have him but he might be out of price range. The only way we sign Kariya is if we shift Briere or Drury to LW as feel we have good depth at Center.

Hamrlik's stats are always good but you constantly here reports of him being lazy etc and unsure why we want that attitude on the team.

Cujo is a guy that is like Hamrlik, his stats look good but there's something amiss of course he would be slightly better than what we have now in Biron want to see what Noranen/Miller have to offer.

Right now I think this team needs another Dman and someone to replace Miro and guy like Ziggy Palffy considering.

I think the Sabres could get Kariya cheaper. One of these clown teams like Philly will sign Palffy for at least 5 mil. Kariya, with his garbage year last year, may be get-able for 3.5 mil, and he's 3 years younger.

I think Cujo could make a poor Sabres team look respectable, and maybe get them to the play-offs. He's a play-off bust, but I'm thinking when UFA season hits next year, one or two of these talented players may choose to come to Buffalo if they look like a respectable team.

If Biron plays more than 50 games this year, it shows the Sabres are playing for #1 draft pick next year.....problem is, Sidney went this year.

Archived