Damaged Goods?

Rayzor32

I forgot about this...

DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas Stars defenseman Teppo Numminen has been diagnosed with a heart condition and is out indefinitely.

Numminen has a dilated aorta, one of the large blood vessels leaving the heart, general manager Doug Armstrong said Saturday.

``Our primary concern at this time is Teppo's health,'' Armstrong said. ``Thankfully they caught this problem now, and he can work with doctors to correct it and live a long, healthy life.''

Armstrong held out hope that the 35-year-old Numminen could return to play hockey, but he added, ``our main focus is helping Teppo fix and recover from this condition.''

Numminen, born in Finland, has played in the second-most games of any European player in NHL history, with 1,157. He has scored 111 goals and 439 assists in his 16-year NHL career, which also includes stints with Winnipeg and Phoenix.

Numminen has appeared in 59 games for the Stars this season, scoring three goals and 13 assists. The Stars acquired Numminen from Phoenix last July in exchange for Mike Sillinger.

If the sabres medical team is anything like the sabres front office... it could be more then just an old report....... if he's running on 6 of 8 cylinders every game its only going to slow him and everyone else down... but i have faith... i won't pass judgement until i see him in action.

Archived