Avalanche lock-up Stastny for 5, guess how much?

Chief Enabler

TSN link 5yr for $33 ($6.6 per)

The Colorado Avalanche have locked up a big part of their future as the team announced the signing of Paul Stastny to a five-year contract extension.

The Avalanche chose Stastny in the second round, 44th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. In 164 career games, Stastny has scored 55 goals and added 109 assists.

Not bad for 164 games, Even Vanek isnt averaging a point per game, Sabres 2005 draft.....

Round # Player Nationality NHL team College/junior/club team (league)

1 13 Marek Zagrapan ? Slovakia Buffalo Sabres Chicoutimi Saguen?ens (QMJHL)

2 48 Philipp Gogulla (W) Germany Buffalo Sabres K?lner Haie (DEL)

Even Vanek isnt averaging a point per game

Yeah, though Vanek is averaging 0.45 goals/game (0.57 if you look at 2006-07 and 2008-09 only) to Stastny's 0.33 goals/game. That's Vanek's game, unlike Stastny who is a playmaking center.

Edit: I bet we could afford his brother. Undersized, you say? We'll take him!

Yeah, though Vanek is averaging 0.45 goals/game (0.57 if you look at 2006-07 and 2008-09 only) to Stastny's 0.33 goals/game. That's Vanek's game, unlike Stastny who is a playmaking center.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have a point per game guy. As far a playmaking center, I dont think Stastny is comparable to Roy beyond the slump Derek is in.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have a point per game guy. As far a playmaking center, I dont think Stastny is comparable to Roy beyond the slump Derek is in.

You need both. You have to have your natural goal scores (I'm talking 40+ goal scorers) and you need the guys who can set them up. There are few guys (Caps and Pens each have a pair of them) that can do both really well.

Archived