"Dineen working the phones"

wildcat48

Dineen working the phones

Portland, ME ? After practice I asked Portland Pirates Head Coach Kevin Dineen about the team?s blueline and his response was to the point.

?As soon as the two of you (myself and another writer) get out of my office, I will have that answer,? said Dineen joking with a smirking grin.

(I don?t know maybe he wasn?t joking??)

Before the season even begins, Dineen was busy working the phones trying to fill holes on precariously thin blueline.

Read More>>>>

No surprise here. I raised this issue a few days ago and the Sabres better do what they can to help out or Enroth will be shell shocked by the half way point in the season.

PS I'll be interested to see where they play Gragnani in the opener.

PS2 I found this sentence to be interesting...Mike Funk is back in Buffalo receiving treatment for an undisclosed injury and there is no timetable on his return. What's the story with Funk...I don't even remember him getting hurt.

It doesn't look like they have much of a choice on that one.

Even without the injuries, they still didn't have enough blueliners unless Paetsch & Weber are sent down.

Butler-Kostka-Card-Funk-???

I don't know if they signed Baier who was on a tryout??

Even without the injuries, they still didn't have enough blueliners unless Paetsch & Weber are sent down.

We might as well acknowledge the possibility of Sekera being sent down since he doesn't have to clear waivers either.

As for the rest, I think Gragnani was going to start off at D anyway thanks to the short list of candidates. The injuries solidify that status.

We might as well acknowledge the possibility of Sekera being sent down since he doesn't have to clear waivers either.

As for the rest, I think Gragnani was going to start off at D anyway thanks to the short list of candidates. The injuries solidify that status.

Our best PP QB? I doubt it. Unless Sekera has a horrid start with turnovers and a huge minus, Sekera will play the entire season with Buffalo.

Anything is possible, but I'd be shocked if Sekera was sent down.

Yeah, I would be too, but if they're going to send two guys down, he's the third name that enters the equation. Looking at the thin blue line depth down in Portland, I could see them not wanting to run the risk of losing anyone.

Archived