Where is Satan's Money going?

Guest carysabresfan

Guest carysabresfan

Okay we were supposed to used the $4mil we didn't give Satan buy us some help on D, when?? Come on Adam Foote signed with Columbus....couldn't we have offered him some dough. We let Zhitnik walk, Satan..gone. Didn't go after Gonchar, Foote, Aucoin or anybody who might be decent. And somehow our owner will still rationalize how he lost millions under the new agreement. It's not looking good in 2005. :(

Guest Mitch

I completely agree - it is absurd to think that we just freed up 7+ million in Salary between Satan and Zhitnik and we dont sign one big name player.

Now don't get me wrong, I really like some of the guys on our team and I think Drury and Brier have some huge potential but I want to see a "Proven" player added to the ranks that can make a huge impact.

We need a STAR defenseman or forward to not only help the sabers to dominate and have a chance in the playoffs but to SELL TICKETS. I am all ready to buy tickets but it does not convince me when I don't have a player on the team that is nationally recognized. Do we even have someone now that would get picked to be on an NHL All Star team to cheer for the next time they have the ALL Star Game ?

Two words - we need a "Franchise Player", someone please tell me who that is ?

The Sabres are using the money to get their phones turned back on,this is why they weren't able to bid on any players last week!!! In fact they really tried to offer a contract to Peter Forsberg but the homing pigeon died en route to his agents office because of poor health.

The Sabres are using the money to get their phones turned back on,this is why they weren't able to bid on any players last week!!! In fact they really tried to offer a contract to Peter Forsberg but the homing pigeon died en route to his agents office because of poor health.

lol, greatness.

They want to fill the seats, but they don't want to bring in a player who's going to put fans in the seats. This organization is hopeless.

They want to fill the seats, but they don't want to bring in a player who's going to put fans in the seats. This organization is hopeless.

What player do you want them to bring in to fill seats and how much are you willing to spend?

Now seriously make yourself GM. Who would you grab and how much would you spend?

Seriously, be serious in your response not wishful thinking, but serious.

What player do you want them to bring in to fill seats and how much are you willing to spend?

Now seriously make yourself GM. Who would you grab and how much would you spend?

Seriously, be serious in your response not wishful thinking, but serious.

Take your pick.

I would have went after Palffy for starters. Sure, he probably wouldn't have come here, but at least make an effort. Just one star player at least. You are not going to get a goal scorer for 1 million a year. And you can't expect a bunch of no scoring grinders supported by 3 or 4 15-20 goal scorers backed by sporadic goalie by committee to win or even put fans in the seats.

Take your pick.

I would have went after Palffy for starters. Sure, he probably wouldn't have come here, but at least make an effort.  Just one star player at least. You are not going to get a goal scorer for 1 million a year. And you can't expect a bunch of no scoring grinders supported by 3 or 4 15-20 goal scorers backed by sporadic goalie by committee to win or even put fans in the seats.

I have no doubt Regier has tried to sign some players. He is being rejected. Several players have come out said that since the money is the same players are going to play where they think they can win a cup. Buffalo is not on that list. Zhitnik took less money to play on the Islanders because he thinks he can win there. The only players Buffalo can sign are the one desperate for a job. Nobody was offering Teppo a contract. He saw all the other d-men sign and decided to sign with the Sabres knowing they will deal him at the end of the season when the Sabres are eliminated. That's why Darcey will only sign one year deals. Easier to dump knowing that hs buddy Quinn will never fire him no matter how far the Sabres fall. Which won't be far since they are not very high to begin with.

Archived