Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks for sending us all this frigid air.

I have to blame someone and it might as well be you Yanks, although I am not sure it is from you.

It was warmer in Stockholm... 41 on Tuesday... I came home to 22 and snow.. sigh.

Sliced through about 80% of the tendon on my pinky on a piece of gear at work. It took 6 or 7 stitches to reattach that and another 7 or 8 to close it up.

Luckily, it’s the one non bass playing finger I have. Still, no bass for a month. 

F1CFF400-7467-4806-BFCB-A91751BFF877.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Sliced through about 80% of the tendon on my pinky on a piece of gear at work. It took 6 or 7 stitches to reattach that and another 7 or 8 to close it up.

Luckily, it’s the one non bass playing finger I have. Still, no bass for a month. 

Damn dude!

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Bass playing.  We all know that is a euphemism for something else.  Stranger danger!

seriously, though.  Ouch.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Bass playing.  We all know that is a euphemism for something else.  Stranger danger!

seriously, though.  Ouch.

The worst part is that I’m right handed,... and on really strong antibiotics,... 

I will say no more.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

We Ironworkers have an old saying, “don’t put your finger where you wouldn’t put your @#^*.

Edited by Ogre
self censor

Lost a very close life long friend to cancer a week ago today.  From diagnosis to being gone forever was exactly one month.  It's still surreal and I'm going to miss the hell out of him.

Another friend of ours was able to attend the Sabres 70's night, get a throwback pennant signed by some of the old timers and sent it down to our buddy in Florida before he passed.  He said that Tony McKegney took a good long time talking to him and wished our friend the best. Tony mentioned that his family has been hit particularly hard by cancer. 

sabres70s.jpg

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Your copy of windows 10 is my new best friend.

It's just your bad luck that, although I can't remember what I had for lunch today and never mind about breakfast (except that I always have Bosnian coffee … that I know), I have committed my login name and password to memory.

Another Sabres season not ending with at least 1 playoff series is definitely something to complain about.

The illusion of Josh Allen being a franchise savior is something else.

Luckily at the moment I don't have more serious things to complain about.

There's a coworker that sits near me and she spends a good part of the day telling people about how much her life sucks.  She's got a really gravelly smoker's voice, basically sounds like a stoner, and when she laughs she cackles like a cartoon witch.  The last few days I heard her tell the story of how her grandson is too whiny to everyone she came across.  And also how her car goes through two quarts of oil a week but she hasn't taken it to the shop yet, because "it still runs good."  When her car finally breaks down I'm sure she'll somehow justify how it wasn't her fault.

Today she's complaining about the speeding ticket she got in a school zone yesterday.  Naturally it's the cop's fault for not just giving her a warning.  And she could keep the points off her license two or three different ways but "who has time to do that stuff?"

I realize that lots of people talk about stuff like that, but she puts such a Debbie Downer negative spin on everything she talks about it drives me nuts.

Edited by Doohickie

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

There's a coworker that sits near me and she spends a good part of the day telling people about how much her life sucks.  She's got a really gravelly smoker's voice, basically sounds like a stoner, and when she laughs she cackles like a cartoon witch.  The last few days I heard her tell the story of how her grandson is too whiny to everyone she came across.  And also how her car goes through two quarts of oil a week but she hasn't taken it to the shop yet, because "it still runs good."  When her car finally breaks down I'm sure she'll somehow justify how it wasn't her fault.

Today she's complaining about the speeding ticket she got in a school zone yesterday.  Naturally it's the cop's fault for not just giving her a warning.  And she could keep the points off her license two or three different ways but "who has time to do that stuff?"

I realize that lots of people talk about stuff like that, but she puts such a Debbie Downer negative spin on everything she talks about it drives me nuts.

And the fact that you shared that story ... you pretty much are at your wits end with her and venting lol.

she sounds like she needs a good dose of going to Roswell and visit the pediatric wing during Christmas to get perspective on “how her life sucks”.

and she sounds very lazy, no will power, and the “do it for me” type.