Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Since everyone is having a ###### week, I'll chime in:  Girlfriend is having a pancreas biopsy next week.

I cannot freaking go through this again. 

God help all of us.

Oh Jesus man, I really hope this comes back alright. Hang in there, I'll be pulling for you guys

Since everyone is having a ###### week, I'll chime in:  Girlfriend is having a pancreas biopsy next week.

God help all of us.

That winter sucked.  That's about all I have to say on this one.  Lucky me, I got to go through something similar this past october.

JSB, my condlences,p.

One of my bulldogs . He's been through so much. Surgery to repair tworuptured vertebrae, cancerous tumors on his leg. Has been a complete sweetheart through it all. Probably helps that he's so dumb he barks at his own farts, but still. Always happy, always up and at 'em (the vets at VA Tech, where we had to go for the spinal surgery, said he was likely in severe pain for months before his legs stopped working, but never let on) and always, again a sweetheart.

His legs are giving out on him again. I dunno that there's anything else we can do for him. He just keeps on keeping on, but I remember the words of the vet when he blew up his spine... is he in pain? Drives me and my wife nuts. Don't want him to suffer, can't tell that he is. Think he might be, but then again....

This is the complaint thread, but "is circling the drain (a phrase I picked up from my ICU nurse wife)" just made me laugh out loud. Imaging the nurses station patient report in. BTW.....Sorry for every bodies pet problems. We grow so close. 

I have a very overconfident customer who is quick to point the finger at perceived faults in our software when every time his problems have been the "garbage in, garbage out" variety. Because he's on a 30 day money back guarantee, I've had to politely walk on eggshells and not make him look bad, when in fact he's the biggest arrogant jerk I may have ever worked with, who should own his mistakes. And he refuses to finish his training. 

This is the complaint thread, but "is circling the drain (a phrase I picked up from my ICU nurse wife)" just made me laugh out loud. Imaging the nurses station patient report in. BTW.....Sorry for every bodies pet problems. We grow so close. 

I have a very overconfident customer who is quick to point the finger at perceived faults in our software when every time his problems have been the "garbage in, garbage out" variety. Because he's on a 30 day money back guarantee, I've had to politely walk on eggshells and not make him look bad, when in fact he's the biggest arrogant jerk I may have ever worked with, who should own his mistakes. And he refuses to finish his training.

In all honesty, the best one she's ever taught me is: patient presented DFO (done fell out).

Guess I'll add.

In addition to new apartment woes (they have to rewire/partially demo/rebuild the apartment in a month or so, and I NEED internet to do my job), I got bad family news yesterday.

Uncle possibly has prostate cancer. Going through biopsies now. My father is believed to have suffered a stroke fairly recently, and he's showing signs of Alzheimers. He's also having some sort of chronic respiratory/congestive heart issue that no doctor can figure out. He's only 70. Times like this I wish I was closer to home. 

God help all of us.

:( Sending prayers your way, 11.  No one should have to go through what you did once, much less twice.

Since everyone is having a ###### week, I'll chime in: Girlfriend is having a pancreas biopsy next week.

God help all of us.

:(

Here's hoping she's okay. I don't like sad Eleven.

I had to put my 15 year old Australian Shepherd to sleep today. This is the 3rd dog I've had to say goodbye to. It doesn't get any easier. She was probably the best dog I ever had. Amazing how they become a part of the family. 

Sorry, jsb. I've only done that once in my life and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Just know she's at peace and playing with some chew toy in the sky.

I had my first colonoscopy this week. Many of you know this already, but while the procedure itself is cake, the prep was a small version of hell. It would've been one thing if I could have done all the laxative stuff the night before and be done with it, but it's another thing when you have to get up at 2:30am to drink more of it and sit on the toilet for an extra hour. I think my legs were numb from sitting that much. At least I was knocked out for the whole thing.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Sorry, jsb. I've only done that once in my life and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Just know she's at peace and playing with some chew toy in the sky.

I had my first colonoscopy this week. Many of you know this already, but while the procedure itself is cake, the prep was a small version of hell. It would've been one thing if I could have done all the laxative stuff the night before and be done with it, but it's another thing when you have to get up at 2:30am to drink more of it and sit on the toilet for an extra hour. I think my legs were numb from sitting that much. At least I was knocked out for the whole thing.

I hope the colonoscopy is not based on suspected problems and just proactive. I need to go get another one soon as I have a family history of colon cancer.

Sorry to hear about everyone's pet and health trials. Thanks for sharing. Helped me keep perspective this morning on my daily trials and tribulations at work and home.  

My daughter is a senior in HS. She's a great kid. Puts way too much stress on herself, in addition to the real stress kids face these days. And of course school is winding down now as she's completed all her final exams. Anyway, she drove to my house from her Mother's house and was having a rough morning and running late. I live next to the HS so she just walks over from there. I printed out and signed a note for her explaining that she had car issues (which is sort of true...the car was late) that made her 10 minutes late. She texted me an hour later that the note wasn't accepted as car trouble is not a valid excuse, even if explained by a parent. My school tax dollars at work!

So...I wrote her another note saying I required her to help me out with something so she was unable to be there on time (which is a 'legal' excuse I believe, and not in conflict with the first note). I also left her 4 more notes to choose from when she comes home for lunch, all printed out and waiting for her on the kitchen table. They involve various scenarios which made her late including driving a dying child to the hospital for emergency treatment, being pinned down by ISIS artillery fire whilst defending a Syrian village, alien abduction, and needing a few extra minutes to recover from Ebola. I'm hoping she enjoys them. 

I hope the colonoscopy is not based on suspected problems and just proactive. I need to go get another one soon as I have a family history of colon cancer.

Sorry to hear about everyone's pet and health trials. Thanks for sharing. Helped me keep perspective this morning on my daily trials and tribulations at work and home.  

My daughter is a senior in HS. She's a great kid. Puts way too much stress on herself, in addition to the real stress kids face these days. And of course school is winding down now as she's completed all her final exams. Anyway, she drove to my house from her Mother's house and was having a rough morning and running late. I live next to the HS so she just walks over from there. I printed out and signed a note for her explaining that she had car issues (which is sort of true...the car was late) that made her 10 minutes late. She texted me an hour later that the note wasn't accepted as car trouble is not a valid excuse, even if explained by a parent. My school tax dollars at work!

So...I wrote her another note saying I required her to help me out with something so she was unable to be there on time (which is a 'legal' excuse I believe, and not in conflict with the first note). I also left her 4 more notes to choose from when she comes home for lunch, all printed out and waiting for her on the kitchen table. They involve various scenarios which made her late including driving a dying child to the hospital for emergency treatment, being pinned down by ISIS artillery fire whilst defending a Syrian village, alien abduction, and needing a few extra minutes to recover from Ebola. I'm hoping she enjoys them. 

:w00t:  hahahaha

Lord voldemort and his planes really blocking my airfield :(

Airport security circling around like they are important made me cringe.

The 4 BMW's guarding were nice though.

Hehe Lord Voldemort. Yea he is apparently touring the Middle East, Israel (there's a joke about why I separated this out), and Europe. Still it is pretty cool to see Air Force One. Sucks that it screws up the entire airport. 

I had my fifth colonoscopy on Monday. I don't mind the prep and it feels great to be completely empty (if someone tells me I'm full of sh##, I now have pictures to prove I'm not.)

I can totally see how these stars get hooked on propofol, though. I felt like the second Robocop grabbing at that red tube when the anesthesiologist came over with that white syringe.

Foot doctor with my foot again. hurts again! left work early, because this! I'm not limping around all day! aspirin isn't touching this so now I'm on bourbon at 10am.

All of those were f***ing.

... Well, almost all of them.

Edited by ubkev

Good news:  going to California for the weekend with my wife for an old friend's wedding.

Bad news:  I'm in row 37 the flight looks full, scheduled flight time is 6.5 hours, and on my most recent long flight a couple of months ago, I felt like I was in a straitjacket for 5 hours.  My knees were touching the seat back in front of me, and that was before the excellent dude sitting there reclined his seat.

Air travel gets about 5% more unpleasant every year.

Good news: going to California for the weekend with my wife for an old friend's wedding.

Bad news: I'm in row 37 the flight looks full, scheduled flight time is 6.5 hours, and on my most recent long flight a couple of months ago, I felt like I was in a straitjacket for 5 hours. My knees were touching the seat back in front of me, and that was before the excellent dude sitting there reclined his seat.

Air travel gets about 5% more unpleasant every year.

I have flown 9 times in my life. I was 4 the first time and 17 the second time. Both of those trips were with mom and dad.the rest of them were on my own and I was always so Goddamn drunk by the time I boarded that I couldn't tell you what color the seats were. Headphones on, dip in, shade down, tip the flight attendant handsomely and keep getting those little bottles of Jack Daniel's.

Yep, I've never had a bad flight in my life. Sit on the bulkhead by the door and bullsh!t the flight attendant when she asks if you're gonna help people get off the plane in the case of an emergency.

Edited by ubkev