Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

She was released from the hospital yesterday and avoided the rehab facility by will alone. They did find cancer so in few weeks she needs to start treatment. She has started to plan Dad's service so we can finally lay him to rest. She's a relentlessly tough woman. She deals with this crap like a pro. Thanks for asking, bio.

Geez, what a rough week / two weeks for your family... your mom is one tough cookie.  Prayers for her as well.

Wow. Rough stuff for everyone. :( I'm thinking about you guys and your loved ones.

My useless supervisor had me pull a surprise double shift last night. So instead of having to work 8 hours on very little sleep I had to work 16 hours, go home, sleep, and come right back to work

I've only been at this house for 1 month and I already feel so much more relied upon than most of the other employees. I'm not even technically qualified for half the stuff they expect me to do on a day to day basis.

Whatevs. At least money.

Wow. Rough stuff for everyone. :( I'm thinking about you guys and your loved ones.

My useless supervisor had me pull a surprise double shift last night. So instead of having to work 8 hours on very little sleep I had to work 16 hours, go home, sleep, and come right back to work

I've only been at this house for 1 month and I already feel so much more relied upon than most of the other employees. I'm not even technically qualified for half the stuff they expect me to do on a day to day basis.

Whatevs. At least money.

Suck up all the experience you can! "...work 16 hrs, go home, sleep, and come right back to work." Dude that's paradise! It's been my experience in life that usually those folks that matter are the ones noticing the hard work and diligence. Keep working hard and good things will come of it. That's an impressive thing to be able to include on a future resume. It's like be able to boast that you work harder than the other applicants. Also. Money.

Suck up all the experience you can! "...work 16 hrs, go home, sleep, and come right back to work." Dude that's paradise! It's been my experience in life that usually those folks that matter are the ones noticing the hard work and diligence. Keep working hard and good things will come of it. That's an impressive thing to be able to include on a future resume. It's like be able to boast that you work harder than the other applicants. Also. Money.

I'm not opposed to 16 hour shifts, but when I stay up until 6 am the night before because I'm only expecting 8 hours and then I'm told right before I leave that they need me for an additional 8 hours, shattering my dinner plans with my girlfriend... I get salty.

I'm not opposed to 16 hour shifts, but when I stay up until 6 am the night before because I'm only expecting 8 hours and then I'm told right before I leave that they need me for an additional 8 hours, shattering my dinner plans with my girlfriend... I get salty.

That's ok. The salt will preserve your flesh for your next date. I should also add...giggity.

They need you, but you don't need to say yes.   I have done that kind of stuff before, and after a while they keep expecting that kind of "flexibility" from you.

But if at some point you suggest about training your colleagues better, or just hiring more they will tell you there is no budget.

I have like 24 days of extra work I put in going for me at the moment, If Social Welfare ( we call it like that , but in Belgium they just check exploiting of labour) does a sweep at my company.

They will say,  hey Huck now goes on a 20 day absence from work ...  And I have like 7 irreplaceable colleagues like that, and 40 you can just say we don' t need them.

Whole lotta bad in this thread today. Not quoting everything, but my condolences and best wishes to all.

My trivial complaint: haven't been able to get into my email at one of my campuses for three days. Just lags out every time--different computers, different browsers, different networks...nada. IT is currently "looking into it"...

Whole lotta bad in this thread today. Not quoting everything, but my condolences and best wishes to all.

My trivial complaint: haven't been able to get into my email at one of my campuses for three days. Just lags out every time--different computers, different browsers, different networks...nada. IT is currently "looking into it"...

We both know they're not. $20 they've told everyone to restart it

We both know they're not. $20 they've told everyone to restart it

Of course they're not. I'm expected the elevated ticket to come back problem solved by next week, the problem to still be there, and to have to start all over again. I'd love to know which genius thought it was a good idea to migrate email from Exchange to Office 365 in the middle of the freaking semester.

Ink, I'm ###### losing it bud.  Trying not to punch walls.

EDIT:  Sorry, look, this isn't the place for this.  I'm sorry.

And no walls have been harmed.

I'm shutting it down; I have no idea why I'm triggered tonight.  Goodnight.

Edited by Eleven

Ink, I'm ###### losing it bud. Trying not to punch walls.

EDIT: Sorry, look, this isn't the place for this. I'm sorry.

I'm shutting it down; I have no ###### idea why I'm triggered tonight. Goodnight.

My wife keeps asking me if she should come to the hospital after work but I'll tell her to go about her normal day and get her work done. Maybe I'm wrong to do it, but I don't want her to have to revisit any of her experiences from that winter.

Man, it's heavy in here today. I wish everyone the best.

Now, for a real complaint. If I rub the back of my right ear, my finger smells like bad parmesan cheese,... but not the back of my left ear. WTF?

Wash ya ears

I've also had this happen. Beard too

Wash ya ears

I've also had this happen. Beard too

I do. It's not just tonight. It's always. The funny thing is, when I once mentioned it to my brother, he looked at me like o was crazy and then told me he had the same thing, only it was his left ear that shtank.

I'm sorry for everyone else who has a rough time of it right now.

I'm having a hell of a night.  I don't know why, but I just miss her tonight.

Ink, I'm ###### losing it bud.  Trying not to punch walls.

EDIT:  Sorry, look, this isn't the place for this.  I'm sorry.

I'm shutting it down; I have no ###### idea why I'm triggered tonight.  Goodnight.

:cry: