Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Back in December I played (or...was supposed to play. Thanks food poisoning :censored: ) a beer league hockey game outdoors at Frontier Field. I asked a friend of mine, a professional (emphasis on PROFESSIONAL) photographer to come take photos of the game. Despite my not being able to play, he was kind enough to take photos of people he didn't know because it's his job. Afterwards some of the guys on the team I was slated to play with chipped in $5 a piece to pay him a pittance for his work. I matched their total contribution out of my own pocket (even though I didn't play mind you). Total payment around $100.

I haven't been able to reach him since the beginning of the month and one of these guys is up my ass constantly about the photos. Because apparently he wants his $5 worth and he wants it now. As far as I can tell, my friend has not only not been in the area, but his parents house in Buffalo was flood damaged after the New Year which he spent his break from RIT helping with. Classes started back up this week but I have no idea if he's around. And honestly I don't care. Wedding photographers charge a ton of money and it takes MONTHS for them to process their images. Yet my friend, doing us a favor which we didn't even have to pay him for but chose to anyway, is required to process some ###### hockey game photos ASAP. Right. :rolleyes:

People are f*cking stupid.

Edited by d4rksabre

Back in December I played (or...was supposed to play. Thanks food poisoning :censored: ) a beer league hockey game outdoors at Frontier Field. I asked a friend of mine, a professional (emphasis on PROFESSIONAL) photographer to come take photos of the game. Despite my not being able to play, he was kind enough to take photos of people he didn't know because it's his job. Afterwards some of the guys on the team I was slated to play with chipped in $5 a piece to pay him a pittance for his work. I matched their total contribution out of my own pocket (even though I didn't play mind you). Total payment around $100.

I haven't been able to reach him since the beginning of the month and one of these guys is up my ass constantly about the photos. Because apparently he wants his $5 worth and he wants it now. As far as I can tell, my friend has not only not been in the area, but his parents house in Buffalo was flood damaged after the New Year which he spent his break from RIT helping with. Classes started back up this week but I have no idea if he's around. And honestly I don't care. Wedding photographers charge a ton of money and it takes MONTHS for them to process their images. Yet my friend, doing us a favor which we didn't even have to pay him for but chose to anyway, is required to process some ###### hockey game photos ASAP. Right. :rolleyes:

People are f*cking stupid.

Give him $6...$1 for his trouble....then say you are going to mail any photos of him to some guy on Craigslist trolling for photos of twinks, along with his email and address.....

Give him $6...$1 for his trouble....then say you are going to mail any photos of him to some guy on Craigslist trolling for photos of twinks, along with his email and address.....

:lol:

I'm trying so hard not to just tell this guy he's being a big baby because I don't want to burn bridges with the team he's on. But he's pushing my limits. I can't help it if it's been a whopping 7 weeks since the game. Relax. For all I know my friend isn't even in the state. The dude is a real life photographer with priorities and projects much more lucrative and important than our stupid hockey game. But apparently I should be demanding something for nothing, and demanding it yesterday. Ridiculous.

A small sample of his work found at his website:

http://www.williamingalls.com/singles#9

Edited by d4rksabre

Mrs. Assquatch made a hardcover photo book of my son's kindergarten class through Shutterfly. She was volunteering in the classroom that year so she had a ton of great pictures of all the kids and she made it into a yearbook of sorts (the school offers no official yearbook at that age). There was a double-page dedicated to photos of each kid in the class and what they were doing throughout the year. She offered to let the other parents buy them at cost (they were $35 to print) if they wanted.

My son is now 10 (so we're talking about 6 years ago), and one lady still hasn't paid for hers. We see her once a month or so at school functions. We know we're never seeing the money but at this point we ask her about it just because it's entertaining. Every time she tells us a new story about what's currently going on in her life preventing her from being able to pay us the $35, and that next time she sees us it will be different.

I'm trying so hard not to just tell this guy he's being a big baby because I don't want to burn bridges with the team he's on. But he's pushing my limits. I can't help it if it's been a whopping 7 weeks since the game. Relax. For all I know my friend isn't even in the state. The dude is a real life photographer with priorities and projects much more lucrative and important than our stupid hockey game. But apparently I should be demanding something for nothing, and demanding it yesterday. Ridiculous.

http://www.williamin...s.com/singles#9

I feel bad about the whole thing- he's my buddy, and I think something is wrong. I can't reach him either. As a full time jobber who tries to do freelancing in free time, I completely understand the delay. You work your ass off at work, being creative, come home, and the idea of sitting down and forcing more creativity out your bones is just... awful. Some days you work late, or do something after work, and you come home and go... ugh. Then the guilt rolls in and you beat yourself up for not being professional. Swear you'll say no to another job. But then someone asks and... yep.

That's as an illustrator. He probably took 300-500 photos of the event, and has to sift through those and then edit 60-80 photos. It ain't point, shoot, upload. It could be, but I doubt he'd want to post work that he hadn't edited under his name.

That dude on the team is just... I doubt he gets it. If you explained it, I doubt he'd get it. I feel guilty FOR Will.

I feel bad about the whole thing- he's my buddy, and I think something is wrong. I can't reach him either. As a full time jobber who tries to do freelancing in free time, I completely understand the delay. You work your ass off at work, being creative, come home, and the idea of sitting down and forcing more creativity out your bones is just... awful. Some days you work late, or do something after work, and you come home and go... ugh. Then the guilt rolls in and you beat yourself up for not being professional. Swear you'll say no to another job. But then someone asks and... yep.

That's as an illustrator. He probably took 300-500 photos of the event, and has to sift through those and then edit 60-80 photos. It ain't point, shoot, upload. It could be, but I doubt he'd want to post work that he hadn't edited under his name.

That dude on the team is just... I doubt he gets it. If you explained it, I doubt he'd get it. I feel guilty FOR Will.

I feel guilty too. But at some point people have to realize that they get what they paid for. You paid a professional photographer $5 to take pictures of you playing really bad hockey. So what if you have friends who already uploaded the photos they took? Those people aren't photographers. They're people with cameras. You essentially gave my friend two Genny Cream Ales for what will eventually be awesome high def photos. This ain't amateur hour.

But you're right. He wouldn't get it if I tried to explain.

Edited by d4rksabre

Mrs. Assquatch made a hardcover photo book of my son's kindergarten class through Shutterfly. She was volunteering in the classroom that year so she had a ton of great pictures of all the kids and she made it into a yearbook of sorts (the school offers no official yearbook at that age). There was a double-page dedicated to photos of each kid in the class and what they were doing throughout the year. She offered to let the other parents buy them at cost (they were $35 to print) if they wanted.

My son is now 10 (so we're talking about 6 years ago), and one lady still hasn't paid for hers. We see her once a month or so at school functions. We know we're never seeing the money but at this point we ask her about it just because it's entertaining. Every time she tells us a new story about what's currently going on in her life preventing her from being able to pay us the $35, and that next time she sees us it will be different.

Really? I would give it up dude. At this point you need to be the better person and stop asking.

Fayetteville, NC has been shut down since Tuesday due to the weather. It's not Atlanta bad because we closed things down Tuesday BEFORE the storm hit. As for the actual storm, we got about an inch of sleet and about 3-5 inches of snow. Not terrible by WNY standards, but when they don't have salt for roads or more than 3 plows, it makes travel very dangerous. I've been cooped up in the house since Tuesday afternoon and I'm going stir crazy. My school system is very conservative with cancellations, so I'm predicting that we won't have school tomorrow either because side roads are still pretty bad. Also, I've sworn off booze for the new year, so its been a LOOOOONG few days!!!

Really? I would give it up dude. At this point you need to be the better person and stop asking.

That certainly is an option. Honestly I fall victim to boredom while waiting for our appointment to go talk to the teacher or whatever. Make eye contact with her and she gives us a free story. Plus I'm kind of an ######.

Edited by Assquatch

1. Got my son back Monday from a week at his mom's with either Hand Foot & Mouth or Chicken Pox. Took him to the doctor on Monday evening and she had no clue what it was. Said it could be either of them, and to act as if he's highly contagious. My wife, who runs the daycare he attends, said "no way" to allowing him to go, so he's been coming to work with me this week.

2. I was in a car wreck on Dec. 10th, which totaled my car and left me with a messed up shoulder. I've been getting treatments 2-3 times a week, but still haven't been cleared to resume playing hockey. I missed the last 6 games of the season, including our run through the playoffs that culminated in a 4-3 shootout loss last night. Yes, they decided a championship via shootout. Our team was undermanned as I was out with the bum shoulder, and had two teammates out because they were stuck in other cities and couldn't make it home due to the "horrendous snow storm" that has shut down most of the southeast.

3. After being in a rental for three weeks following my wreck, I finally attempted to buy a car two weeks ago, and settled on a slightly used Honda Civic Hybrid. I test drove it a few times, checked everything out and it seemed great. Went back a few days later to finalize the paperwork and the engine light popped on at the dealership. The mechanic tried to pull the code, but it wasn't giving one, so the dealer told me to take it, and if it came back on, to get the code and he'd fix whatever was wrong with it. The next day, the light was back and the code was - "Deteriorated Hybrid Battery Pack." I drove it back to the dealer Saturday morning (45 mins from my house), and he took it to Honda to get the battery checked out. I was in Vegas the next week for work and left the car with him. Honda tried a software upgrade, which didn't work and later determined the battery needed to be replaced ($2,600). On his way back to his dealership, the guy rear ended a woman, leaving "scratches on both cars" (as he told me). So, he agrees to take the car back, and I said I'd drive back up there this weekend to look at something else. Yesterday my insurance company calls and says the woman he hit got a lawyer, and for now, I'm on the hook since the car is insured in my name (NC law). So my insurance company is trying to get his insurance company to take this over, and they're not sure if they want to, which would mean it still stays on me, until my insurance company can subrogate against them.

That's enough for now, but I do have more should I feel like typing more later.

I just got done going thru an audit here at work. I'm salaried. I typically put in about 45 hours per week at work, but weeks like this require me to put in close to 55 or more (especially since it's end of month and we have billing to do). I was in the lab today, and had come in late, and an hourly technician was hassling me because I was 15 minutes behind schedule today. He then proceeded to bitch about needing to work overtime, and how it's intruding on his personal life, etc. YOU'RE HOURLY! YOU GET TIME AND A HALF! I'D GIVE MY LEFT NUT TO GET PAID FOR THE EXTRA HOURS I WORK (sometimes). I hate ungrateful people!

http://www.williamin...s.com/singles#9

The guy on your team sounds like he might be one of those people who doesn't mean to be a jerk but is clueless about what is OK and what isn't. You might actually be doing him a favor if you explained (in a nice way) that the photographer is doing your team a big favor, that it always takes a long time, that he can have his $5 back if he's not happy, and that it would be pretty uncool for you to keep bugging the photographer so you're not going to do so -- and therefore it's either be patient or take back the $5.

The guy on your team sounds like he might be one of those people who doesn't mean to be a jerk but is clueless about what is OK and what isn't. You might actually be doing him a favor if you explained (in a nice way) that the photographer is doing your team a big favor, that it always takes a long time, that he can have his $5 back if he's not happy, and that it would be pretty uncool for you to keep bugging the photographer so you're not going to do so -- and therefore it's either be patient or take back the $5.

It's not worth that effort. I need to save my daily internet bickering quota for this place :P

Just for you Liger. Kisses.

Thanks Chz :blush:

So just had a fire alarm at work... nothing like evacuating a building that is the busiest on campus.

Now onto the real complaint. Last week the GF suddenly wasn't coming to see me. She went home instead. The week before she was okay but not her usual self. I am thinking, work must be stressing her out but with Valentine's coming up I will do something really great for her. She actually talked about planning a trip to Asheville on Thursday last week. So Sunday comes around I haven't heard from her most of the weekend. A text here or there but not the usual. Well Sunday night I am at work just about to leave and she calls. I immediately can tell by her voice something is wrong. So then proceeds to say she doesn't love me and she is sorry for what she is doing but she wants to be single and do her own thing and I am not the guy for her...

Also though I am apparently the best bf ever and she didn't want to hurt my feelings by taking our relationship any further. I asked a lot of questions and I actually believe this is how she feels. It sucks and I feel like my insides have been kicked in... Unlike the last break up I probably won't go on a Chz hitting on drunken spree but I am getting older and I honestly thought I had found someone to share my life with. She was 100X better than my ex and one of the kindest people I have known. She says we will still be friends. Honestly I just want to curl up into a ball and die. I know what I had with her and this really hurt me.

So just had a fire alarm at work... nothing like evacuating a building that is the busiest on campus.

Now onto the real complaint. Last week the GF suddenly wasn't coming to see me. She went home instead. The week before she was okay but not her usual self. I am thinking, work must be stressing her out but with Valentine's coming up I will do something really great for her. She actually talked about planning a trip to Asheville on Thursday last week. So Sunday comes around I haven't heard from her most of the weekend. A text here or there but not the usual. Well Sunday night I am at work just about to leave and she calls. I immediately can tell by her voice something is wrong. So then proceeds to say she doesn't love me and she is sorry for what she is doing but she wants to be single and do her own thing and I am not the guy for her...

Also though I am apparently the best bf ever and she didn't want to hurt my feelings by taking our relationship any further. I asked a lot of questions and I actually believe this is how she feels. It sucks and I feel like my insides have been kicked in... Unlike the last break up I probably won't go on a Chz hitting on drunken spree but I am getting older and I honestly thought I had found someone to share my life with. She was 100X better than my ex and one of the kindest people I have known. She says we will still be friends. Honestly I just want to curl up into a ball and die. I know what I had with her and this really hurt me.

Sorry bud. But you know she found another guy right?

Sorry man

I'm so sorry, man. As a fellow young person who has a lot yet to learn, I can say that breakups are high up there in the "worst things ever to go through" category. I got dumped on April 1st once... and no one believed me until I broke down sobbing. Took a good year or so to get my scheisse together and then this big doofus you all know as d4rk who'd been under my nose for years kinda popped in. Things'll get better.

Get busy with life and hang in there :) We're all here for ya.

Edited by Josie914

This sux. It's something everyone goes through, though. Breakups and the pain associated with them are an unfortunate part of life. Just remember how excited you were when you announced to SabreSpace that you had a first date, and keep in mind that you will have that excitement again. You really will.

My complaint: Our GM is constantly taking the bait!

I'm so sorry, man. As a fellow young person who has a lot yet to learn, I can say that breakups are high up there in the "worst things ever to go through" category. I got dumped on April 1st once... and no one believed me until I broke down sobbing. Took a good year or so to get my scheisse together and then this big doofus you all know as d4rk who'd been under my nose for years kinda popped in. Things'll get better.

Get busy with life and hang in there :) We're all here for ya.

I think Josie's taking the "it could be worse" approach to cheering you up.